General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Wait what? I have the oil filter front skid, the front diffy second skid, I'm missing the third transfer case skid. Uh... lol, I don't think I have the gas tank one. So there are 4 plates? I was aware of 3.

yea the tank ones plastic tho well mine is

Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Mine is aluminum.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:43 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Mine is aluminum.
Thog that is epic! I want an aluminum gas tank plate haha. Got any pics?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 95lsblazer
lately ive been having my oil pressure drop when i brake hard so i checked the gauge thinking it was an easy fix sadly it wasnt so we took out the oil pressure sender i cleaned some gunk off put it back in and now it seems to be a little better gonna get a hot oil change and see if that helps and if all else fails i guess i check the oil pan the guy before me said it had sat for a year maybe the problm is in there
Punctuation would help lol... all that in one breath was tough. Try a Sea Foam treatment & check for vacuum leaks. Spray brake cleaner or some other volatile spray over vacuum lines, if the engine revs or changes it's idle - you've found a vacuum leak.

Last edited by Rottidog; 03-11-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I can get some.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Default .

Yeah I can get some.
Okay, 'preciate it! I have gone through every blazer, jimmy, and bravada at my local yard and nada when it comes to the t-case of any plate for that matter under the rear of 'em.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
BF Veteran

Ok it might be steel, but here you go.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Default .

Ok it might be steel, but here you go.

Heck aluminum or steel, I'd take either one. I don't see where the bolt locations are though. But I'll keep my eye out at the yards in the next couple weeks for this! I would definitely like some extra protection for the tank back there when offroading.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah I've put it to use. It bolts where the back of the t-case skid bolts in, and behind the tank on both sides.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:13 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

ohh you have a side tank .... mines in the rear

i wonder if my pops has that plate ... OH wait no he dont .... that reminds me i need to find a set when i go to the u pull it place

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?