General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

I think I might know the problem when it hesitating when accellerating up to 40-60 mph. It might be the overdrive on my transmission going out. So on Monday when I go to work I will try drive it in drive instead of overdrive and see if the problem is fix or not.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Installed the multifunction driver information display that Onebadsuv sent me (he grabbed the wrong year), it's showing the same mileage that I've figured so I guess that part is working. Compass only shows S and SE, but around here no one ever has any doubt about their direction (old one didn't display "Towards The Mountains" either)

I'm afraid I'm going to hit someone while watching the instant mpg or pushing buttons

Old 03-24-2012, 04:12 PM
melliferal is on a distinguished road

Today I replaced the license plate and ashtray bulbs, and the glovebox bulb, meaning that the only interior lights not functioning are the illuminated shade mirrors. Since the shades are a bit tattered and the passenger-side shade doesn't even have a cover, I'm not planning on replacing those bulbs until I've bought some in-better-shape shades.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Hawkdoc is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 Chevy blazer

today i pulled both upper a arms shocks drive axels and drive box along with oil pan

Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Installed another alternator. Cleaned 3 years of mud off the dash... Forgot what it looks like cleaned...

Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yo yo yo,

So I went to the yard today in search of a driver leather seat.

I came away with a complete rear row of leather seats from a bravada with headrests! I had cloth to start out with, then my old leathers I got before had no headrest. It almost looks like the bravada leather seats with the headrest are a little wider or something. It's weird.

Pics:

Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 PM
melliferal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Logan
Installed another alternator. Cleaned 3 years of mud off the dash... Forgot what it looks like cleaned...
How do you get mud on the dash???

Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

they look nice tibby

Old 03-24-2012, 09:19 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
they look nice tibby
Thanks! Now onto the front! lol Specifically the driver seat! Everybody in my blaze will be riding in luxury except me, the driver haha. =P

Btw, excellent job on the taillights! They look gnarly (Yes, I went there) bro!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

The last week,ive done nothing. Shes running great knock on wood. Im done with small stuffs. If i ever have the money anytime soon and my cheap *** doesnt wanna blow it,i wanna do the 5.3 swap. Im just too chicken to get one from the local u pull it yard and test it due to all the work involved.
(same time its lsted on craigslst for trade,i may not have a blazer soon)

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?