General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I got my pinstripes off and stickers on the side windows toward the back off. Have to go to town tomorrow and get some goo goo stuff to get the sticky things off and maybe start debadge my truck this weekend Here are the pictures. I forgot to take the before picture but will use the one I had April 7 and after pictures from today.

Passenger's side view from April 7, 2012 before I took them pinstripes and stickers off from the back side window.

Driver's side view from April 7, 2012 before I took them pinstripes and stickers off from the back side window.

Passenger's side view today after I took them pinstripes and stickers off from the back side window.

Driver's side view today after I took them pinstripes and stickers off from the back side window.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I finally mounted my PIAA lights, I will got some more pics soon.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-lights.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chevyrider RevT
my cousin gave me two going away gifts today
Do you know where he got the Chevy emblem?

Old 05-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GP1
Had to fill it today... 60$ later. Ugh!
Be glad you don't own a 5.3 Silverado. I just got back from a VT fishing trip: $96 going up, & $97 on way home. 11.8 mpg towing the boat .....

Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 AM
aventur1 is on a distinguished road

Put in blend door actuator, works great

Old 05-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

technically 'finished' putting the motor together today so it counts posting (about 1:30am it was idling and topping off fluids for me to leave my Pathfinder at work and drive it for the first time in my possession), did the nuisance things during regular daylight. Now I can start to work out kinks!

Old 05-26-2012, 07:50 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Started her today I moved it a few feet and then parked her =(

Old 05-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Currently, Im changing the oil. To get the dang filter off, I had to take the gaurd off(it was on there that tight) and while I was done there, I decided to look around. So I found a vacuum line that runs right to the top of the diff and I decided to check it out just in case. Started to pull really light on it and guess what, it came right down to me!! It was burnt in half from the fire from the PO. SO, now I gotta find the other end of it and get a new one!! Maybe thats why my 4wd isnt working!!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Beginning Member
Bertbart is on a distinguished road

Replaced the fuel pump module at my buddy's shop on my '01 S10 Blazer. At first my intention was to repair or replace the fuel gauge sending unit. However when pulling the lines one of the plastic nipples broke off in the hose. (Plastic? Really? What the heck were they thinking at GM?)

I scrambled around on the phone at all the usual parts houses for a module. Cheapest I found was $290.00. Went online and found one for $53.15 including freight. I hope I don't regret buying the cheapest I could find but it came with a warranty. It's the same unit as many other places on line are showing for nearly double the price.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 AM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

Painted the tow hooks. Simple to do and it does make it look a lot better than the faded black/rust color they use to be.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tow-hooks.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?