General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:00 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

put a really good wash on her cleaned the windows and ran the carpet cleaner in the interior and floor mats and finished up with a coat of armoral on the dash and door panels lookin good now maybe it will rain so my crops will grow

Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Oh, I forgot to mention, I took all of her trim off! I even took the trim off the front bumper! Im really liking the way its looking so far! Now just waiting on some black paint to come in and Ill paint it black all the way down! Shes starting to look smooth!

Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Waxed it and gave it an oil change. Lots of work for one day!

The interior is all cleaned out too. It's in "summer" mode!

Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Waxed it and gave it an oil change. Lots of work for one day!

The interior is all cleaned out too. It's in "summer" mode!
What is this "wax" you talk of???

lol...I'll wash mine the next time it rains. Should be this week if the weatherman knows what he's talking about.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AJBert
What is this "wax" you talk of???

lol...I'll wash mine the next time it rains. Should be this week if the weatherman knows what he's talking about.

They never know what there talking about

Old 05-27-2012, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Washed mine.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:38 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Changed the coolant yesterday, put some chevron techron in the fuel tank then put some shell gas in 'er. She was running rough after I put the gas in and I noticed a consistent drip from the tee in the hose for the coolant. I replaced the tee assembly complete with a new cap and the dripping stopped there. I had a flashing check engine light first, then when I was able to stop the drip and leave it sitting overnight the check engine light stayed steady today. Took it by Advance to get the code read and it was a cylinder #2 misfire. A few minutes after I left Advance the CEL went off and everything was fine. Yay! I dodged a bullet!

But in all reality, I think the #2 plug/wire got coolant or water in it. Once the plug/wire had a chance to dry everything is well again!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'm 650 miles away from mine at the moment so I didn't get anything done today. Just a long day of relaxing at the beach.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Starting Member
closer is on a distinguished road

I buffed and detailed my blazer this memorial day weekend. I will say for 200,000 miles it still looks purdy. But I also blacked the all the trim. And I finally got my A/C working.
I think it looks good now... my grill and front chrome bumper have been painted since winter time. Also my rims have been painted since last summer. I give two thumbs up to Rustoleum satin outdoor black spray paint (but I did do proper prep work before paint).

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-003.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-009.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-011.jpg  

Last edited by closer; 05-28-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

Changed oil on it. 209200 miles. I was brainstorming on where to mount my fog lights I got. I took my grill off, and found parts of a bird carcass wedged between the radiator and the housing for it. No idea how long its been there but looks to be quite a while,lol. I have an idea for the lights but still not set in stone. Then found some mud on the way home, so it broke its one week clean streak,lol.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?