General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

I did nothing to special but I did clean my K&N air filter and put rain x on the windows.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I decided 'why put off until tomorrow what you can do today' so I found the source of the leak is the FPR.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 AM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Haven't done anything to it for awhile. Except last night was driving w/ some friends and ran outta gas a half mile before a gas station... That was pretty eventful.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Installed a backup camera, got the display hanging off the ashtray but every time I hit a bump the ashtray comes open. Maybe the $2 worth of pennies in there is contributing.
I need to find a better location for the thing.

It has 2 inputs so I'm going to put a camera on the front, too. Because ... uh, for safety. Yes, for safety. Not just because it'd be cool to ring the thing in IR LEDs and be able to drive in total darkness. No, it's for the children (13 and 16 now, but that still counts, right?)

Old 06-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Took my Blazer for a ride this morning. It start hesitated but seems like when going for the first run of the day for about 3-6 miles. After that then fine for the rest of the day. It only hesitated when holding your speed and don't do it when you accelerate. Once in the while it will hesitate when leaving from the stop sign. Any ideas with this problem? It is 1995 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LT 4.3 Vortec.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ordered a new FPR from rockauto. Hopefully this fixes my rough running problem.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Found some random CAI pieces from different cars of the past that were scrapped, might be able to make something out of them for the Blazer. Find out when my wife gets home...

Old 06-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Replaced the rear pads & rotors on the Tahoe today. Rotors are 4 years old from the records I have and were GM rotors, but rust on the insides caused them to swell & crack on the inner face... They still had plenty of thickness to them too which is a shame. Pads still had plenty of life in them, but I don't ever like to reuse pads on new rotors.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Starting Member
closer is on a distinguished road

Got my black headlight and turnsignals housing in today! Next up this weekend is to make all my battery cables out of 2-gauge wire. I got the stuff... Just not the time.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-new003.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Picked up some bases to replace the gauge lights with LED's. Now all I need is the actual LED's...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?