General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Changed out the O2 sensors before the cat (general maintenance), oil/filter change, replaced steering stabilizer with Rancho (much beefier), put my sway bar back on with new Energy Suspension bushings after having it off for over a year and put my new to me aluminum skids on.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
sweet, i might look into this, are they more comfortable?
Ummm what does "feels like I'm riding on clouds" sound like?... sounds great to me! The DS bucket leans back & to the left on mine, maybe the previous owner was gravity challenged? lol

Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
sweet, i might look into this, are they more comfortable?
yea they are. only thing I wish they had was seat warmers... Not sure how hard they are to find. just look for a blazer that says trailblazer on the side. usually has zr2 rims with gold in them and a gold pin stripe

Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by AJBert
Changed out the O2 sensors before the cat (general maintenance), oil/filter change, replaced steering stabilizer with Rancho (much beefier), put my sway bar back on with new Energy Suspension bushings after having it off for over a year and put my new to me aluminum skids on.
Pics of the aluminum skids would be nice. Are they diamond plate & shiney as all hell?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
yea they are. only thing I wish they had was seat warmers... Not sure how hard they are to find. just look for a blazer that says trailblazer on the side. usually has zr2 rims with gold in them and a gold pin stripe
Get an aftermarket seat warmer/massager that plugs into the lighter/aux socket. Then you have the bonus of not sticking to the leather in the summer or freezing your assets off in the winter.

But with the factory seat warmers wouldn't there be extra or a different wiring harness?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 PM
BF Veteran

& I know what Trail Blazers look like. I dispised them for the longest time because when I was searching for LED Tail Lights for my '02 all there was around were for Trail Blazers. Now there's more of a selection that are for Blazers.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-26-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

tonight i put 2 new hubs on the front of the 4x4, chasing a howl and vibration.
fixed the howl but i found a stuck caliper and warped rotor hopefully get those on tomorrow or this weekend

Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Got my Grille and bumper lights in... jsut a hood away from ressurection!!!!!! assuming the pieces fit... lol

Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by packofqtips
tonight i put 2 new hubs on the front of the 4x4, chasing a howl and vibration.
fixed the howl but i found a stuck caliper and warped rotor hopefully get those on tomorrow or this weekend
hey man, I found cross drilled & chamfered rotors for all 4 corners incl. pads for $200 delivered off eBay and they'll galvinize them for corrosion for free IF you ask.
And the front bearing hub assy's I got for $117 incl. ABS

Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i paid 100 for one of the hubs (had to pay 160 for the other since they only had 1 left of the 100 dollar ones) and my abs isnt part of the hub assemby its part of the backing plate

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?