General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rezlab
just got done installing 4x6 speakers in the dash to replace the tweeters
Interesting. Guy at the audio shop said they would cut out if I replaced the tweeters with 4x6 speakers. I didn't believe him but I held off buying them.

They work okay? How about the sound difference, is it very noticeable?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:48 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

So... things went pretty good today! After the studs from Airaid didn't come, I went to a fasteners place around town and got a threaded rod (Sounds like a disease ha) about 40 inches long (something else is also 40 inches long, I'll let you decide on what ). While in the fasteners place, I asked the guy if he could cut it in 5 1/2 inch sections and they couldn't. But an older guy walked in and said he could cut it in his wood-working shop. So I drove to the old mans house and he cut the threaded rod into 3 5 1/2 inch pieces and there was still some leftover. While at his house, I asked him about his wood toys because they looked absolutely amazing! I'll have a pic at the bottom of this post of his work. But I managed to use the 5 1/2 inch sections in the 2 front throttle body holes and had a smaller section for the rear throttle body hole. Well after much fighting with the spectre kit, I finally gave up on it and decided that a body lift and the spectre kit were mortal enemies. I took back the spectre kit and am going to order an intake kit on eBay. One of those cheap eBay intakes and replace the filter. This way I can use the stock plenum and have an aftermarket intake as well. Win win in my book because I will also save a few dollars. So I'll order a kit in the next few days and probably get a prefilter to go over the filter to repel water. I did manage to get the blazer running finally after around 2 weeks of it rotting away. It started right up like a champ and I drove it around the block. I noticed the throttle body spacer makes that whistling sound haha. I'm glad I got this spacer from Rex though, no aftermarket intake kit would fit without it because of the body lift I have. So with the throttle body up a little higher, an intake kit fits perfectly in there (Just not the Spectre, but any other kit).

Last edited by tibby; 07-12-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

Ranger G i havent really drove the blazer to listen to the change in the speakers but when i turned it on in the driveway it was much more clear, and they did not cut out at all. i have 4x6 sony 120w in the dash, 51/4 pioneers in the front doors, and 6x9 sony 240w in the rear doors. and i found that the stock rear speakers were 9.5 ohms and they didnt work.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I replaced my dads rotors,bearings,and brakes.

that sucked.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

installed my hella driving lights on the front bumper and put gas in it what i difference with good speakers

Old 07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Drove it .... the ICM is getting worse ...

Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Drove it .... the ICM is getting worse ...
I wish i had one to give ya! I'm heading to the pull it place this weekend,want me to see what they want for one?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Pulled apart my rear end to fix my bearings...only to find out its fubared... So my buddy who does rear ends will be re building my ford 8.8 next week for me.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Drove to work and back home tonight. On the way to work tonight, 2 stupid *** crows flew right into my grille and bugshield awhile I was going 60 mph . Broke the bugshield, dent on the hood alittle, hole on the grille by the passenger's side headlight, broke the emblem off, crack the grille across, and it is pretty loose now. At least I blast that ugly and annoy bird.

Last edited by chevyracingfan23; 07-13-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Here the pictures of the damages on my Blazer from last night. I was driving to work last night and two crows flew into my grille and hood. It broke my bugshield, crack and punch holes in some spot on the grille. dent on the hood.
Before picture before it was broken.

After pictures after it happened.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?