General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Beginning Member
egbert567 is on a distinguished road

Is there a performance / mileage improvement?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

On my Blazer I havent driven it enough to really notice alot of how it has changed anything yet. However I have noticed on the low end it has made an improvement..It gets up and going much faster than it did prior to installing them.

Now when these were on my s10 xtreme pick up. I noticed a big change in low end performance and with both hooked up I got about an extra 7-9 mpg..As far as horse power I never had it dynoed to really see numbers but it sure felt like there was gains...As I said I still had these from my previous ride so figured why not install them..On my previous I also had the hyper tech power programmer III and I had the specs set up for the TBS and FIPK so Im not sure if that helped the the best potential out of the pieces or not... I hope to snag up another programmer soon..

Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I started my big three. Got the + wire between the bat and alt cut crimped and soldered! that was the only wire I had but my new battery terminals and the rest of my wire came today so I'll finish the job in the am!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Just sprayed the blazer 2.0 Italian Olive satin finish. Ran out of paint to do the roof. Pics when I get back later this week from work.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

After going to the junkyard, broke my glovebox door.

Of course, they had two first gens with mint consoles in dark gray. I do like my 2nd gen more though. One 1994 4 door Blazer had a PERFECT dark gray cloth interior. Kind of wished I'd grabbed the dash before someone else does.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Logan
Just sprayed the blazer 2.0 Italian Olive satin finish. Ran out of paint to do the roof. Pics when I get back later this week from work.
is that rattle can by krylon? how do you like it?
does it hold up well?

thanks, been thinking of changing up the paint around here on one of my rides.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:30 AM
Beginning Member
Captain Spaulding is on a distinguished road

changed oil cooler lines and fixed a chip in the windshield

Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Beginning Member
dbshortwave is on a distinguished road

lol got started EARLY this morning. went out and started cleaning out ol' red

she started up fine thought it was kinda odd that the parking break light was still on after releasing it. figured on a busted line.an sure enough found it ... i need to drop the tank to get at the lines . i may take the time and fix the vent tubes and fuel lines in that area at that point.

i did find one thing that is really friggin cool...
a pair of white and orange dotted gloves with GM stamped in on them in a bag with an orange flag in both the Jimmy and the Blazer!!!

Last edited by dbshortwave; 09-11-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: better then spaming another post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Finished up my big 3. I'll do a small write up in my build thread in the next couple days!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Finished up my big 3. I'll do a small write up in my build thread in the next couple days!
1. which side of your truck is your alt located on?
2. how much wire did you end up using total?

I plan on finally getting around to this, this weekend, I might, however need more wire unfortunately. Since the alt is on the drivers side

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?