General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Hey Old Skool, where was that? I was up and down the 400 twice on Thursday.
you know the weigh scale @ King? that's where i got nailed in traffic. not 3 minutes later, i could see traffic stopping (in my rear view mirror)@ the exit for King City.

but the actual collision was at the bottom (North side) of the last big hill, right before the Lloydtown-Aurora Rd exit.

happened around 1:30 (from what i hear), and wasn't cleared up 'til almost 5pm. and you kow how good thathighway is on a good day.......surprisingly, everyone was very patient-until i tried to snap a few as i passed by (hey i didn't slow down, i had a tractor trailer in front of me).

a friend of mine across the street told me there was another one this afternoon, right @ the weigh station. a p/u pulling a flat bed (like mine she said), got seperated from each other. the truck ended up in the ditch-behind the scale office (!) and the trailer was stradling the center conrete barrier.

epic fail that highway is sometimes..........if s**t happens, there is only one parallel running road on either side of it, and they both end @ Hwy 9 (which is Newmarket). and if you don't know the area, then you're screwed like everyone else trying to get North of the city. you guys should see it during the Summer-especially on long weekends!

there's a reason the 401 is the busiest highway in the world, and i seriously think the 400 should be the closest 2nd place contender around.

ask zed'r, he'll echo my thoughts.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i would rather replace the springs (i have +2" shackles but haven't gotten around to installing yet) instead of putting a bandaid on it. Add-a-leaf or even a leaf-helper would probably buy me back some height, but I could probably get a set at the JY for less than the $300+ & s&h rock auto wants.... just have to make sure they are good springs and not the same crap i'm rocking now

Also, installed my door spring and wrote a gripping and epic HOW TO on just that

Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

That highway is a mess! At Newmarket theres 4inch deep potholes in all lanes lol. Then traffic alone is brutal at the best of time. The average speed on it its 120km in the slow lane, until you hit rush hour then is down to around 5km, and thats just an accident waiting to happen. Extra lanes wouldn't even fix the problem. That highway will always be bad. Period.

Last edited by zedartwo; 01-30-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tested out the new tires today. We got about 4 inches of snow and that was what was on the road. I had to go to work and drive mom home. I was so happy I thought we wouldn't get a good snow now that I got tires! They did great, packed snow like any at-mt tire, but good none the less. Jeeps and trucks were spinning and sliding left and right and I just putted right along no problem. I love my blazer!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran
Default Throttle Body Fix-a-thon!

Earlier today (crazy evening) i pounded out a nice throttle body polish.
First step was to disconnect the top of the air intake, and unhook the throttle and cruise control cables (c-clip was no match for 2 small screw drivers!)
Once she was free, it was cleaning time.

Eye-pro from dremel work, mask for carb cleaner fumes in garage, and gloves for general cleanliness and carb juice protection.

with the subject on the opporating table (plastic bin lid) the work from the past summer was still evident... still pretty nice looking until....

I flipped her over. HOLY F-ING BUILD UP! time for a controlled approach... components first...

i got to chipping away at the caked on crap on my AIC valve. one the heavy stuff war broken up, i gave it a taste of Carb juice,, and chipped a little more off.

the dremel made short work of what was left.

Then it was on to the title match:

letting the carb juice weaken it's defenses...
then after much toil...

man that is one shiney, sexy throttle body... i decided NOT to chop the diverter in half as i do not have another throttle blade on hand if i screw it up
but after all that i was left with an impending sense of dread. instead of feling good about the fine job i had just done, i cant help but feel i opened up a can of worms here....

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
That highway is a mess! At Newmarket theres 4inch deep potholes in all lanes lol. Then traffic alone is brutal at the best of time. The average speed on it its 120km in the slow lane, until you hit rush hour then is down to around 5km, and thats just an accident waiting to happen. Extra lanes wouldn't even fix the problem. That highway will always be bad. Period.
not whenever i'm on there, the right lane won't break 100-105. not that it matters, i'm always in the left.

extra lanes would help out greatly. even though i was a kid when it was done, i remember when the 400 extension was opened up to 4 lanes (2 each way, seperated by a large medium, much like the Interstates down South) going up to & past Parry Sound. sure it was a little nuts while they were working on it, but it turned a 8 to 10 hour drive home to Toronto on the 2-4 weekend, into a more normal 3 to 4 (which is how long the drive was when there wasn't half a million cars driving the same route).

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I was so happy I thought we wouldn't get a good snow now that I got tires!
isn't that always the case.

Originally Posted by ABN31B

and i thoughtthe inside of my TB & intake looked like crap! thanks for making me feel better.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
BF Veteran

ah Chris.... you always know just the right thing to say...

Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 AM
BF Guru

hey, i'm here for ya buddy.

buy only for words of encouragement.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:22 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Well, I got the center console brackets out of my 94 Blazer. Drilled the spotwelds on the center and forward right ones and just took my cutoff wheel to the rear one and hammered down what was left of it. I'll cutoff all that I can tomorrow. Access is a little tough without pulling the seats and carpet to get the welds. Fortunately the front left one was just screwed in with 3 screws. Still had to slit the carpet but it'll be under the finished installation. Just might put it back and drill a hole for a screw in the side of the 97 console that is going in. Trial fit revealed I need to modify the lower heater outlet box. The forward console (package tray) has heater outlet ducts running through it and they jut back just far enough to prevent the console from going in. Just need another inch or so and besides the ducts just blow on the top forward part of the console. The install looks pretty cool. Just another inch forward and the armrest position will be perfect. Think I'm going to have to really whack the carpet under the forward part to get the 97 bracket to sit low enough to prevent a gap. Still have to do a little trimming on the bottom where it meets the floor. It was 30 degrees so I didn't work a long time on it today. I hate numb hands even though I had some thin gloves on. Those steel tools are cold and the air cutoff tool didn't help much either. Looks like it came with the truck which is a shame because then nobody will recognize it's been modified. Oh well. In the immortal words of the great Kurt Vonegut, Jr. "And so it goes".

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 AM
BF Guru

hmmm.......is the world coming to an end?

almost 3 full days, and nobody has had to do any repairs on thier Blazer?

where's Chicken Little, 'cause i wanna know if the sky is falling!

.....................wow, tough crowd. anyways, i replaced both of the 194NA corner marker lights the other day. typical, the parts store has no clue as to which bulb it was. i couldn't find any of the log life bulbs, so i go to the counter to ask. of course they can't just give your waht you're asking for, they need to know "what the application is", to ensure you're getting the correct part.

so i tell this tool, and he goes, "see sir, you would've bought the wrong bulb. you need a 3057, not the 194NA". i'm kinda bumb founded, and try hard not to reach down this kids throat-especially since my 7 yr old daughter is with me ("see sweetie, Daddy can play nice with the tools behind the counter" trust me, she knows what that term means.) anyways, i ask this guy, do you know how big my foot is? j/k'ing. i ask him if he knows how big the socket is that the 3057 bulb would fit into, he says "yes", so then i ask himif he know what the corner marker lights look like as well, he answers "yes" again (and he's starting to look a little annoyed with my questions (oh goody!). so i then ask him how the hell i'm supposed to fit a 3057 in there, and since it's a clear lens, wouldn't i need an amber bulb?

i think this fried his noodle a bit, 'cause he blinked like 15 or 20 times, and then said, "so i guess you want those other bulbs then?"

without saying a word, i take the proper bulbs from the counter when he returns, turn quickly and leave, before his stupidity has any greater chance of infecting my daughter.

what....a.........tool!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?