General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Learned a lesson today. Don't buy cheap leds off eBay....

Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I took it down off all 4 ramps and broke my 20 year old hydrolic jack too boot.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer
Added aluminum skid plates from a 2nd gen - found on a 1992 Jimmy of all things - I got from the Pull-A-Part for a lofty $5.54 for all three including brackets for the oil pan plate...

The cashier loves me, she's cute too and has one of my soft spot cars, a 1994 Olds convertible...
FafafafafaaafffafaffFIVE!!! Good lord man! Deal of the year there.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

cleaned the inside of my blazer all up and still on the hunt for my 31/10.5/15s.....seems like if i find them they want sticker price or are weather checked to nothing....oops been 10 mins gotta check CL again ..lol

Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

Hey its been a while, lots of things happened lately. I got a new Wild Thing (number ten) its a 2000 with 60K on a rebuilt motor and tranny, and 201K on the body, just a couple specks of rust under the doors for $2500. I just put 900 bucks into it, had an Idler arm, Pitman arm, lower ball joints put in, and had it aligned and wheels balanced. Ive been using it for my courier job since early October, its been great. Ive gotten 18-22 mpg each day depending on the wind. I drive about 200 miles a day, so it works out to be around 10 gallons a day, fun fun,lol. Then I decided to give it a custom look, I painted the grille and chevy symbol black, but left the chrome alone. I also took the center caps from the wheels and taped the chevy symbol and painted those black. ( the wheel style is the spiral design, not sure what its called.) A buddy of mine is going to powder coat my camero rims for me so when those are done they are goin on. Then I electrical taped the outer edges of the headlights and blinkers to give it a stream lined look (until I find out if its legal to paint them), it looks great. I will get pics up when I get internet again. Nice to check in, take care guys.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Diaita
Do tell

Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Diaita
Interesting. All mine are ones from Hong Kong that looked kinda sketchy but all worked out okay.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Interesting. All mine are ones from Hong Kong that looked kinda sketchy but all worked out okay.
They look just like the ones from other "high end" companies. It's probably just me... I was hoping for more like you see on a lot of newer vehicles, you know, bright, instant on, modern. the hi and low are distinguishable but not well, and they are substantially dimmer than stock. i also got some amber ones too and they were waaay dimmer. the 194 corner markers are funny how dim they are. maybe i bought the wrong ones?

I bought these: 2X 6000K XENON WHITE 3157 SMD 45-LED CORNER SIGNAL BRAKE BLINKER LIGHT BULB | eBay

Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You need to buy leds that match the color of the lenses they are behind. Leds don't shine more than one color (monochromatic), so if you filter them (behind a colored lens) they will be stupid dim. Get ones that are yellow and red and you will have better results.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:03 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Nothing

I havent even seen my Jimmy in 2 days and done nothig as for work.That wont happen till I get back from my road trip.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?