General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
On a side note, do the second gens come with that springy wire for the rear defoggers?
If so, I am hitting up the pull it yard for them
Yeah, mine did at least.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Guitar Charles is on a distinguished road

I adjusted the transfer case shift linkage on my 89 4.3 auto np241. The transfer case won't go into 2 hi, any ideas? I gotta get this issue fixed SOON! Thanks.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 PM

Also, how do you make your own post's on here, as I am new. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

This thread should be changed to " what havent you done to your blzaer lately"Cause I havent done anything I havent been in the mood to work on it.besides working on my motorcycle is more fun.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
On a side note, do the second gens come with that springy wire for the rear defoggers?
If so, I am hitting up the pull it yard for them
I've got a set of those coily wires sitting right here Rich, if your interested. Shoot me a PM if you want them. Came out of a '00 Jimmy.

I see a couple sets on eBay right now - one for $20, and another for $14.96. I'll ship them out to you for $9 total.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

cleared out the check engine light... again. Stupid EVAP

Old 01-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

FINALLY got my door springs installed. thanks to harbor freight for the $8 door spring compressor. i ordered them about a week ago and finally got them from rock auto the other day and i thought that they had sent me the wrong ones. went to the dealer to double check and they are the same size and less than have the price. so much nicer!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Default Stuck in 4 wheel drive.

I've got a 89 4.3 blazer and my np231 won't get out of 4 wheel drive. The front axle isnt engaged, it's the transfer case. I can make it go into 4low and it works, neutral doesn't disengage the front driveshaft, and 4 hi works. I can bottom out the shift lever into the floor just about when putting it into 2hi, but the front differential will not disengage. Any ideas?

Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Guitar Charles
I've got a 89 4.3 blazer and my np231 won't get out of 4 wheel drive. The front axle isnt engaged, it's the transfer case. I can make it go into 4low and it works, neutral doesn't disengage the front driveshaft, and 4 hi works. I can bottom out the shift lever into the floor just about when putting it into 2hi, but the front differential will not disengage. Any ideas?
Yes, Make a post about your question.
This is "what have you gotten done to your blazer today"
Post your question in the right section, and it will be answered.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Guitar Charles
About as clear as mud. You're saying the front diff is not engaged, then saying it is. Which is it?

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?