General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I know what undercoating is and I definitely know what it can cause if done improperly. If you have rust, there likely is moisture. If you do not clean off the rust and completely dry out the area before applying it, you will seal in moisture and potentially cause the panel to rot out faster than if just left alone. It isn't as simple as slathering the stuff on and all your rust problems will go away.
i understand that, but if you can prevent a problem before it happens....
yes i agree if you have the equipment (sandpaper,grinder,etc.) to remove the rust before you apply the undercoat, all the better.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I know what undercoating is and I definitely know what it can cause if done improperly. If you have rust, there likely is moisture. If you do not clean off the rust and completely dry out the area before applying it, you will seal in moisture and potentially cause the panel to rot out faster than if just left alone. It isn't as simple as slathering the stuff on and all your rust problems will go away.
The spots on my blazer are really small... but the tow hooks are just eating the salt and almost completely brown.... I have some undercoating, and was planning on waiting until it got a little bit warmer out to do it... also doing the battery tray, and the hood latch support....

Also would like to buy a body lift and slowly do the frame before installing each side...

Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

took my owld blazeer door into the woods and recycled it.
5.56mm green tip slides right through it.
9mm can get the job done, but i wouldn't count on it.
.22 HP and #7.5 or #8 shot works for "sandblasting" only
.50 s&w is a sick, SICK round...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_1001.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_1003.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_1005.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 12:39 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

put my grill guard on

Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
The spots on my blazer are really small... but the tow hooks are just eating the salt and almost completely brown.... I have some undercoating, and was planning on waiting until it got a little bit warmer out to do it... also doing the battery tray, and the hood latch support....

Also would like to buy a body lift and slowly do the frame before installing each side...
I did that funny sorta kinda "T" shaped thing the hood latch is attached to with Rustoleum Hammered Finish and it looks great and seems to be pretty rust proof. I intend to do that to the tow hooks soon also. I'll have to take the front end apart again someday, it's actually pretty easy with some time and some of your favorite penetrating oil. Just give the hammered finish paint plenty of time to dry or when you re-assemble you'll scratch it. I didn't have time because the next day I had class so I was just really careful, but still a few scratches.

That's also a great time to pop out your headlights and turn signals to make sure they aren't too oxidized.

Regards,

Thomas

Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
but if the 13 to 15 MPG keeps up, i'm sriously gonna look @ this '91 K5 from North Carolina w/118,000 miles on it, loaded (even has the rare power mirrors like my 'Burb). he's asking $4900 obo. i know it won't be worse than my '98 S Blazer, and it'd be nice to drive a "real" truck again!
Where at in NC?

Originally Posted by wlorton
Man, what is the deal? I got a 4x4x4 and I can knock out 20 mpg....
You've also got to take into account Tire Size, miles onthe engine, mods to the engine, tire tread all the fun stuff. My K5 was getting close to 8mpg before she blew and she was supposed to get around 12. But with 33s, a 350 with 200k, 3.73 gears and a couple non firing pistons oh and no mufflers. It brought that down a lot.

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 02-08-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Today I finally got to take out my satellite radio. Jerks offered me 2 months free that I declined. The nerve! Haha it just wasn't worth having to make another 26 minute phone call to cancel again.

Also took a look and found out my oil lines are leaking somewhere...great...

Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

changed the fluid in the front diff, had about 1 quart in the very bottom, picked up a new wheel bearing, seal, and cups, new u joint for the driver side. things are coming together, just waiting to get my seats out to redoe the floor panels

Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

Just chopped off about 6" off the exhaust tail pipe. Looks alittle cleaner for now till I get the cash to get muffler out duel exhaust.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
took my owld blazeer door into the woods and recycled it.
5.56mm green tip slides right through it.
9mm can get the job done, but i wouldn't count on it.
.22 HP and #7.5 or #8 shot works for "sandblasting" only
.50 s&w is a sick, SICK round...
dude! you recycled a spare window motor!! (i'm guessing it too was NFG?)

see, this is why the US needs tighter gun laws, a perfectly salvageable door, needlessly laid to waste.

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Where at in NC?

it's not, it's up here.

it was originally from NC, but i'm not telling you where it is now, 'cause seriously, i think it's time to drive something that feels like it worth getting 12 to 15 MPG.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?