General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Put the clutch fan back on.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Diaita

Why???

Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Diaita
Originally Posted by newguy
Why???

that is a question for me
I am pretty sure mine really contributes to poor fuel economy in the colder weather
I was thinking of going to an electric

Old 03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Electric are nice, get one off a tarus

Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexazz2
I am pretty sure mine really contributes to poor fuel economy in the colder weather
I have electric and love it

Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Beginning Member
Austind85 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by UberFail
Feb 5th i finally installed my new tires! also did a bastard pack for leafs and installed air shocks for the back. Loved how this rode so comfortable, couldn't be held back by the deep snow the friday night after that fell.

Feb 9th, BLACK ICE... worst thing to hit @ 100km/h (65mph)

Not me pictured in this photo below

You can see the area that I had my head in - just as a reference I almost touch the roof with my head in any vehicle and had this seat sitting almost as low as it could go.

as in the last photo and this photo you can see how crushed down the roof was - the windshield was almost flat against the dash.

This is the rear passenger door shut flush to the body

How did I fare out in this all? I got myself out of the vehicle without needing to cut the belt (supported my weight up and the belt released as normal), gave my statement to the cop, had the vehicle towed off the highway. Went to the ER locally and had xray's done - they immediately strapped me against a back board and put a hard collar neck brace on me and sent me via ambulance to the nearest trauma hospital for CT scans. I fractured my C5 vertebrae in this accident and was VERY lucky to not be paralized, seriously injured, or dead. I also was fortunate enough to not need surgery or the "halo" brace to hold my head still. Hopefully in the next few weeks i can stop wearing this removable brace I now have and begin the physio therapy.

Too close of a call to say the least! and I thank this Jimmy for giving up its life to save mine. Farewell to you 2001 Jimmy you treated me right in the time I owned you.
Really glad that's only the worst of it. That could have been so much worse.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by newguy
Why???
I smashed my plastic fan a few months back and now that its starting to warm up again I figured it was time to get one back on it.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by rexazz2
I was thinking about putting an electric on, but my fuel economy didn't change (actually went down from previous 2 tanks of fuel) when I wasn't running a fan at all.

I had been reading up on doing an electric fan 'upgrade' and I couldn't justify it. For how much I drive it would take my several years for it to pay off, and I don't think an electric would cool the engine on a 100+F day while off-road.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Ya i never seen mpg improve with my electrics, they just case extra draw on the alternatir and that uses furl to turn too o just like the ability to tirn them off for water crossings

Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I tried the electric fan thing on my '72 El Camino when I was living in Phoenix 13 years ago. The car used to run real hot ... and wanting to pick up a few extra ponies, I figured electric was the way to go.

Well, with the electric fan, it ran even hotter. This was with the biggest one I could find at the time. It just can't move the amount of air that the mechanical one does. With that said, 2 fans might have done the trick, since this is how my '07 Silverado came from the factory. More trouble / expense than it's worth, IMO.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?