General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I would be towing that straight back to the mechanic that did the work and show him what his poor work has caused and let him know you will be sending him a bill for the cost of repairs and rental car and then take it somewhere that knows how to tighten a bolt!!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I would be towing that straight back to the mechanic that did the work and show him what his poor work has caused and let him know you will be sending him a bill for the cost of repairs and rental car and then take it somewhere that knows how to tighten a bolt!!!!
+ a million!!!

that is some serious BS! i have dont hundreds of brake jobs in my short time working on cars and that is one of the things that you just dont forget to do!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Just finished up my Efans! Here's a peek the rest will come tomorrow in my build thread.

Factory shroud trimmed and reinstalled

I've still got some more to do as far as cleaning up wiring and I'm going to fab up an aluminum rad and fan holder but its functioning on low when temp is reached or high if the ac is on so I'm happy.
WANT so freaking hard!! i just have to find some at a good price, but i havent had the time or will i guess. it will happen some day!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Check the PnP there's probably 15-20 intrepids in every yard around me! I paid $36 for my fan cause they charged me for two fans since its a dual fan but I didn't mind.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM

what?!?! thats it?
do you happen to know what else fits? i heard something about some caddy e fans that are suppose to fit.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure about caddy fans the other popular swap is the ford Taurus fan. I prefer the Intrepid fan though cause it draws less amps and is a dual fan setup instead of just a single. Including the controller and other small bits I have less than $70 into it total. Check out my build thread I have more pics there.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Alexquade is on a distinguished road

They said they didnt mess with the brakes at all. Only upper control arms n tie rods. So they not owning up to their mistake.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

if they did the upper control arms, they had to take off the brakes..... soooo its their fault.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Ask them if they would rather just fix it Cheap for them, or go the hard route, expensive

Old 04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah like rich said I'm not sure how they would change the control arms with removing the calipers??? I suppose anything is possible but highly unlikely!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?