General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Yes it is!! I had no intention of mods except maybe wheels and tires and some tint and now look at me!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by richphotos
Almost done with this proto. Then I will mock it up on some bread board, then rebuild it in a more compact design, then I am good to go on start selling these things. Then its back to building tails for customers.
You already know I'm interested if you start selling them. Hopefully you do 2nd gens!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
I'll take one (looks like right / left functionality right?) if you get these going Rich.
yup, left/right on the same board. I will work on them some more today, see what I can come up with for size.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Technically more then just a day project, but this is the start to removing all the wires I no longer need. So far, maybe 20 wires will remain of my old harness. 5.7 pooped, so out with the old in with the new, swapping in a 5.3.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-66837_10151625229693619_143498215_n.jpg  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Beginning Member
johnjfeher is an unknown quantity at this point

got the blazer unstuck from the top of a mountain here in PA tried to turn around cause i couldnt go any farther and well go stuck perpendicular, moved 2 tons of dirt, used a hand winch, a snap strap, tow strap and a big as tree to winch my self out, will be posting pictures soon, these blazers are industructable it took the trail like a champ

Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Almost finished my jimmy hood! Wet sanded down the black and got a coat of clear on there. I ran out of clear but I will put about 4more coats on and then hit it with some wet 1200 and it should be good to go. Pics in my build thread in a couple minutes.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I got nothing done to the Jimmy today, but I did finish the PWM board. I would not have been able to make this if it wasnt for Jason sending me a couple boards. I went over the board. Saw how it was made, did quite a bit of reading, and designed it. PCB express is the program I used, as the program is free, and they have good options for getting them made pretty cheap. Its the same size as the other PWM (2.5x3.8") It is pretty much the same design, But I put my own twist, moved a few things around, took out a couple things that were not needed, so I do not run into any problems with the person who originally designed them.

Once I find out what kind of demand I will have for these, I will consider getting some made. The total cost for the board, put together and ready to use for someone who wants one would be 50-55 shipped.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-pwmv2_zps92865440.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Do want.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by richphotos
I got nothing done to the Jimmy today, but I did finish the PWM board. I would not have been able to make this if it wasnt for Jason sending me a couple boards. I went over the board. Saw how it was made, did quite a bit of reading, and designed it. PCB express is the program I used, as the program is free, and they have good options for getting them made pretty cheap. Its the same size as the other PWM (2.5x3.8") It is pretty much the same design, But I put my own twist, moved a few things around, took out a couple things that were not needed, so I do not run into any problems with the person who originally designed them.

Once I find out what kind of demand I will have for these, I will consider getting some made. The total cost for the board, put together and ready to use for someone who wants one would be 50-55 shipped.
I would want. Any way you have a price for a complete set of tail lights for a 2nd gen?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Beginning Member
RED21 is on a distinguished road

I did some "tweaking" to the exhaust, I guess you can say I "fixed the glitch" (office space reference) lol, and also installed some Led light in the interior. Both map lights and do e lights, I have to do both lights under the dash. Hopefully Friday when I have some time.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?