General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Did nothing but find some paint peeling on the top of the passenger fender. The previous owner got a new hood and fender due to some rust, and painted it himself, and did a horrible job.... which is why I got a new hood from a black blazer that had been sitting in storage, I should e-mail that guy and see if he has the fenders still.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 PM
first-blazer is on a distinguished road

Quick question. Does any body know why my turn signals will only work when i hold down hazard switch? Just bought it today and installed the radio.Would like to fix tomorrow. help please....

Old 04-20-2013, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by first-blazer
Quick question. Does any body know why my turn signals will only work when i hold down hazard switch? Just bought it today and installed the radio.Would like to fix tomorrow. help please....
Not the thread to be posting this, as this is what have you gotten done to your blazer. Post in the correct section and you will get more help... Side note, Welcome to the forum!

Right section would be "lighting and electrical"

Old 04-20-2013, 09:45 PM

It's a 95 blazer ls 4x4.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:46 PM

Thanks new to this.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:59 PM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road

Dialed in roof top lights and and put together a winch accessory/recovery kit in a large military ammo can and secured it in the roof basket. Need a few more things to complete the kit, mainly a ****** block, but I'm pretty well set to adventure off the beaten path.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-99-jimminator-6865-picture-dsc-0205-26291.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-99-jimminator-6865-picture-dsc-0207-26289.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 PM
BF Veteran

Going to actually be able to start doing work on the truck soon, this weekend we will be around 70, and no signs of cooling down after that. This is winters last push in the next couple days. Then its all up hill. FINALLY! It needs a good wash, and the rust on the rockers fixed. got to find a fender that is in good shape and get it pained and slapped on as well. all simple crap that i WANT to get done.

Then going to get some chassis saver, and put it on the trim below the doors and rockers, maybe the door jambs too, and as much of the frame/under side that I can before i run out (going to get a whole gallon)

Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
tgwt98b is on a distinguished road

Changed the plugs and wires today fixing my miss-fire, next is the $90 mass airflow sensor..

Old 04-21-2013, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tgwt98b
Changed the plugs and wires today fixing my miss-fire, next is the $90 mass airflow sensor..
not yet man. Pick up a bottle of mass air flow cleaner. mafs rarely go bad. they just get dirty. DONT use anything but maf cleaner.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:02 PM
tgwt98b is on a distinguished road

Even if it's throwing a code? I'll definitely try cleaning it over buying a new one. Little quick detail, I can pull both sensors from the intake and it doesn't change the way it idles.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?