General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

No new changes but my truck hit a somewhat milestone today...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img20130514101230.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img20130514101216.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by redz

No wonder you hit a stone, your always looking at the dash

Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

On to a new project, building new shackles with stock holes and 1 inch lift

Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by redz

my 05 has 160k

Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richphotos
I guess I just do not see the benefit for a single car, If you have a fleet of trucks, sure. but to each their own. Piece of mind.
Pretty much for the exact same reason as I stated in the last post. Still a hell of a lot cheaper to take samples now and alleviate existing problems now than it is to wait until it has to be repaired and becomes much more expensive.

As for me, I've begun removing the garage door opener, glasses holder, and tissue (or whatever) compartment. I wanted to completely remove the roof console and repurpose the electrical connections to it, but I'm not prepared to reupholster the vehicle right now, so I'll instead repurpose the entire roof console.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by WitchingHour
Pretty much for the exact same reason as I stated in the last post. Still a hell of a lot cheaper to take samples now and alleviate existing problems now than it is to wait until it has to be repaired and becomes much more expensive.

As for me, I've begun removing the garage door opener, glasses holder, and tissue (or whatever) compartment. I wanted to completely remove the roof console and repurpose the electrical connections to it, but I'm not prepared to reupholster the vehicle right now, so I'll instead repurpose the entire roof console.
You can say it over and over, but I just do not see a point to it. I have never known anyone to do this, I have never done this, and have not ran into serious problems that otherwise would have been preventable by getting my oil tested.. But hey, not knocking it, I just personally do not see a point

Old 05-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures !!!

So I did a lot of this work over the last week and haven't been able to catch up on photos until today, so here we go.

Richphotos - these are for you man !!

So the debadging went well I thin, I definitely am liking the new look. Let me know what you think

So that is the debadging pics. Forgot one corner, but you can see what it looks like in the other photos.

Other thing I did was replace my stock tail lights with some Smoked Lens LED Spider TL's This is how they look in day light

And the last thing I got done this past weekend was installing the Glow-Thru guage face. White Face cover during the day, at night the white cannot be seen well and the stock lights shine through and turn the dash an awesome red LED-ish look ! I really enjoy it, when it gets dark tonight I will post one last pic of the look.

Curious to hear feed-back/thoughts on how it all turned out !

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173705.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173926.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173915.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173656.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173714.jpg  

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173751.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173920.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173737.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20130514_173826.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Looks good I think you need to pull the blazer off the tailgate tho still!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Looks good! I like those tail lights, I usually am not a fan of aftermarket, but each time I see those for the second gens, the more and more I like them. I think it would look really good to pull them apart, and stuff the red reflectors for the incandescent bulbs with philips LED's, then have the rings be the running lights, and the centers stuffed with LED's be the brakes.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I spent 3 hours trying to take my light rack off so it would be easier to put the new lights on... The bolts were all stripped and took forever to get off and after all that the light rack won't even come out. I'm just going to cut it off tomorrow and put my new lights on the rack connected to the luggage carrier.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?