General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bear159
I spent 3 hours trying to take my light rack off so it would be easier to put the new lights on... The bolts were all stripped and took forever to get off and after all that the light rack won't even come out. I'm just going to cut it off tomorrow and put my new lights on the rack connected to the luggage carrier.
I HATE stripped bolts... here is a little tip, get a socket that is one size smaller than what you need, and beat it on with a hammer. will take them off, then put it in a vise, and take a small screw driver, and tape out the bolt/nut

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Horton

Other thing I did was replace my stock tail lights with some Smoked Lens LED Spider TL's This is how they look in day light
It looks good, although I feel a bit unoriginal now - I literally got the exact same taillights in the mail today. I'm waiting until I get LED replacements for the factory bulbs before I install them.
So did you just tie the LEDs in, and keep your existing marker/park lamps, as well? I wanted to use just the LEDs for marker/park lamps.

Originally Posted by richphotos
You can say it over and over, but I just do not see a point to it. I have never known anyone to do this, I have never done this, and have not ran into serious problems that otherwise would have been preventable by getting my oil tested.. But hey, not knocking it, I just personally do not see a point
The long and short of it is that it's simply another tool available to me to use if I so wish, and I do. I've been having this done on my own vehicles for some time, I did it when I owned a small fleet of tractor-trailers. It has given me fair warning of problems yet to come, which in turn allowed me to act on them. It's pretty obvious if you have large bits of metal clinging to your drain plug - it's not so obvious when the particulates are too small for you to see, and the whole idea behind it is that I can act on it before it becomes a problem, rather than finding myself broken down on the side of the road (which, with my luck, would happen to me in the middle of nowhere, and just in the right spot where I'd have no cell phone reception). That's pretty much all there is to it.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by WitchingHour
It looks good, although I feel a bit unoriginal now - I literally got the exact same taillights in the mail today. I'm waiting until I get LED replacements for the factory bulbs before I install them.
So did you just tie the LEDs in, and keep your existing marker/park lamps, as well? I wanted to use just the LEDs for marker/park lamps.

The long and short of it is that it's simply another tool available to me to use if I so wish, and I do. I've been having this done on my own vehicles for some time, I did it when I owned a small fleet of tractor-trailers. It has given me fair warning of problems yet to come, which in turn allowed me to act on them. It's pretty obvious if you have large bits of metal clinging to your drain plug - it's not so obvious when the particulates are too small for you to see, and the whole idea behind it is that I can act on it before it becomes a problem, rather than finding myself broken down on the side of the road (which, with my luck, would happen to me in the middle of nowhere, and just in the right spot where I'd have no cell phone reception). That's pretty much all there is to it.
Okay, you explaining it that way makes a bit more sense to me, but I am stubborn and stick to my ways LOL!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

And I understand that. I just wanted to explain the method behind the madness, is all.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by WitchingHour
And I understand that. I just wanted to explain the method behind the madness, is all.
No hard feeling brother!!

Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Starting Member
pitt12fan34 is on a distinguished road

This week I installed a JVC KW-R500 CD deck and blue LED gauge lights in my new zr2.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road

@ WitchingHour

Yea don't feel unoriginal, at 80 bucks for the pair, I highly doubt you or I are the only ones with these clean looking tail lights haha. The other ones I wanted looked a lot better but for 225 bucks...couldn't really swing that. But to answer your question, yes I just tied the LED circles into the lamps. Your on the same page as I am with the replacing the lamps with LED's haven't found any that looked appealing to me so I haven't replaced the lamps yet, but soon enough I will be going down that same route. Or take the idea of filling that in with a BUNCH of LED's ha !

Either way they do look really nice and have already gotten plenty of compliments on the look ( w/ new Dorman Third-Brake Light).

Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Beginning Member
johnjfeher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redz
Could you take more pics.. I am thinking of getting these same tires for my Blaze...
Yea man ill def take some more pics, took them off road today and I couldn't loose traction it's ridiculous, they just start to hum around 60mph but hell ill sacrifice noise for grip any day

Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Tested the AC in the truck today, still blowing nice and cold.... 98 degrees here in Minneapolis.
Holy crap!! I hope that warmth is on it's way this way - woke up to 34° outside this morning. Been in the 30's every night for the past 3 nights!

My house is 57° as I type here. I'm shivering ....

Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Holy crap!! I hope that warmth is on it's way this way - woke up to 34° outside this morning. Been in the 30's every night for the past 3 nights!

My house is 57° as I type here. I'm shivering ....
I would imagine some warmer weather making its push over that way. It actually felt nice, given 12 days ago we were 38 and it was snowing.
Winter did not want to give up, but its gone now (here)

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?