General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by slcblazer
Oh yeah tell me about it, but my apartment complex charged me 50 bucks for changing my own oil. So I had no choice
dont know anyone with a driveway? 50 bucks.. I would tell them to eat a huge steamy pile of...

Old 06-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

My neighborhood was a pain to when I was doing my bedliner. One of our newer board members (by direction of another board memeber that lived across the st from me an her and i have had altercations that involved the police being called on more than one occassion) came up and tried to tell me I couldn't work on my truck in the neighborhood. Thank god my wife was there to keep me calm cause I already didn't like this particular guy! I asked him to show me in our bylaws where it says I couldn't and he started stumbling on all the crap he had just spit out at me when I was able to recite the exact phrase with page number in our bylaws handbook regarding the fact that I am allowed to work on my own vehicle in my own parking spot so long as I don't leave it immobile over night. He said he was sorry he got involved and walked away with his head down and I went back to rolling on bedliner

Old 06-25-2013, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

What do apartments ect expect you to do than when your car breaks down, take it into a shop, that is BS. ***** LOL

Old 06-25-2013, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Removed 2 upper control arms today off a astro....Never again. (after i install them this weekend)

Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
Brian5792 is on a distinguished road
Default Deodorized interior

Bought my '98 LT 7 mos ago. Had been sitting a while and it was really dirty. Used a carpet cleaner from an auto store which worked pretty good but the odor from the previous owner's dog was still pretty strong. I used some "odor eliminator" spray (not air fresheners) too but still had the odor. So i bought a box of baking soda for less than $1, poked some holes in the top and sprinkled it all over the cargo area, the rear seat backs and behind/under the rear seats. I brushed it into the fibers with a small nylon brush and it disappeared. (My carpet is tan-brownish). Used the entire box. IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian5792
Bought my '98 LT 7 mos ago. Had been sitting a while and it was really dirty. Used a carpet cleaner from an auto store which worked pretty good but the odor from the previous owner's dog was still pretty strong. I used some "odor eliminator" spray (not air fresheners) too but still had the odor. So i bought a box of baking soda for less than $1, poked some holes in the top and sprinkled it all over the cargo area, the rear seat backs and behind/under the rear seats. I brushed it into the fibers with a small nylon brush and it disappeared. (My carpet is tan-brownish). Used the entire box. IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED!
Baking soda works amazingly! You can also buy a spare box and open the top, and tape or strap it in your truck, and that will remove the odors as well, just as a second precaution

Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Even better is an ozone generator. If you know someone in the carpet cleaning industry, try to borrow it ... unless you've got $8 grand laying around, then buy one. Thing is amazing!! Don't care how foul, nasty, dirty the area is - in 12 hours it will smell like fresh air.

I used my buddy's machine in my '72 El Camino. Removed 6 years of mouse **** stench in 12 hours flat. Just be sure no pets or fish are near it while it's running. That extra oxygen molecule wreaks havoc with living things ....

Old 06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Even better is an ozone generator. If you know someone in the carpet cleaning industry, try to borrow it ... unless you've got $8 grand laying around, then buy one. Thing is amazing!! Don't care how foul, nasty, dirty the area is - in 12 hours it will smell like fresh air.

I used my buddy's machine in my '72 El Camino. Removed 6 years of mouse **** stench in 12 hours flat. Just be sure no pets or fish are near it while it's running. That extra oxygen molecule wreaks havoc with living things ....
Oh yeah, those things can kill something for sure, but they do work amazing.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brian5792

Will be doing that when I get home!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Beginning Member
NCRD1331 is on a distinguished road

First of all, after several days of rain, I finally got 'er a bath.. but I got out to the yard and c'list yesterday and scooped up the deflector, some LT marker lights, and a set of jacked up taillights for around . wanted to test out the VHT Niteshades thing and wound up using a ton.. the deflector had a weird greenish color from many years of use so I did the same process as tinting the taillights on it. drilled two small holes under the hood and rigged it up this morning, reattached the bowtie up front, and then set to work on the taillights. went three coats, think it was a bit much (but I feel it looks pretty good, just hope local law thinks so as well
The LT lights are the next project, but what do you guys think? shade the original ambers or just the LT amber sections?

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-2ywiiqh.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-2iafnlh.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-2wqu5hd.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-2nvuiqo.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?