General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:42 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Damn LMC truck ships fast, I am going to have my parts already on Monday. Just ordered them yesterday.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Went to the yard. Found 2 spider assemblies. Pulled the manifolds off both (takes me 15 minutes,im smooth).

One Looked ok,all dirty and stuff. Other had a leaking regulator.

I pulled the dirty one and broke one of the tabs on a leg. I went ahead and got it. I gotta get a security hex bit to remove the screw/plate that holds the leg on,il swap one of my old ones on it. God i hope it works out. I hope i dont mess up the nylon lines..

Old 08-02-2013, 01:42 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

2 words.

I WIN.

( i think,runs great,i dont think i have any leaks. il pull the tuner valve out and take a look inside this evening.)

Oh. i hate these digital gauges. I ran out of gas. gauge shows a bar under 1/4 tank. pos.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Mounted my new lights and built a drawer for the rear floor pic on the build thread of course!

Old 08-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
2 words.

I WIN.

( i think,runs great,i dont think i have any leaks. il pull the tuner valve out and take a look inside this evening.)

Oh. i hate these digital gauges. I ran out of gas. gauge shows a bar under 1/4 tank. pos.
It's not just the digital gauge. A couple months ago I ran out of gas in my '93 Sonoma with the analog gauge. The gauge in that truck just reads high. It runs out of gas around 1/4 of a tank.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:32 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
It's not just the digital gauge. A couple months ago I ran out of gas in my '93 Sonoma with the analog gauge. The gauge in that truck just reads high. It runs out of gas around 1/4 of a tank.
my first one was like that. I guess i got lucky on my 2nd. Im used to it.

Oh well. I guess il have to keep gas in it.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:39 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

What did I do today...... admired it while walking into a car show... its not ready for a car show just yet, it will be come october........

Old 08-04-2013, 01:12 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Today was busy, started out sanding and painting my flares then got into trying to fix my strange 4x4 issue. Found a local guy parting out his 98 blazer, picked up a TCCM, 4 button switch and complete fan shroud for 40 bucks! Cleaned and installed everything but still no luck :\
Will be back at it tomorrow...

Old 08-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I adjusted the steering gearbox in my '98 Jimmy. I learned a lot about it in the process. Only a very small amount of turning on the adjuster screw affects the performance of the gearbox. I tried as much as a quarter turn but found that was too much adjustment so I turned it back to a little less than an eighth of a turn and that tightened up the box nicely.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Turned my LED blinkers into running roof lights. I wanted to incorporate the blinking feature into them but I didn't feel like digging into the front lights, so they're just stale yellow LEDs now. I'll take a pic later tonight

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?