General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 AM
vzill is on a distinguished road
Default Fluid Change Etc...

I replaced drained the front differential and then replaced the fluid with transmission fluid under the strange notion that it was the transfer case. I then realized my mistake, drained the transmission fluid, and put in gear lube.

I then drained the transfer case fluid and realized I must have a bad leak as only about a cup of fluid came out when it should take about 2.5 quarts. I think this may be a culprit on my 4wd problems I have been plagued with lately. Replaced with Quaker State Synthetic Dextron III transmission fluid per specifications. Rear transfer case seal needs replacing it appears.

I then lowered the spare tire and took off the rusty old rear differential cover that appeared to be leaking. Cleaned the surface where the gasket lies and put on a shiny new cover (7 5/8" ring gear) and new gasket. Then filled it back up with gear lube. I may have a leaky rear pinion seal.

I have neglected checking these fluid levels like I should have been which makes me kick myself.

I also tried to check the Alternating Current Millivolts (ACmV?) on the front speed sensors as I have had a problem with brakes feeling like the anti-lock brake system is kicking in sometimes when I brake at real low speeds. My multi-meter does not measure millivolts though and so will borrow a friends meter to check at a future date.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Got my safety inspection "done" Its good to know people is all I'm going to say!! I also just placed the order with Tire Rack for 4 brand spankin new Yokohama Parada Spec-X's for the Murano. They should be here Friday along with the new shocks and struts and I'll get everything taken care of and installed asap!

Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Changed both motor mounts, and transmission mount. All completely torn apart...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20130903_142800.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Well over the holiday I did the dreaded lower intake gasket repair.....pretty straight forward
The only differance was the distributer..
I took that out last so I could mark the positions
Well so reinstall would be a snap....finally done
And no leaks.. yea!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Adjusted the distributor. Now she's runnin' like a champ! Word is, around here, the other U-Pull yard is going to have a 50% off sale, and I plan on attending! They're raffling off a $500 shopping spree there. However, it's $500 on their half price sale prices, so it's good for $1000 worth of parts. Other cards are available, but I want this one. I need a new fender, hood and rear bumper.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 95BlackGA
Adjusted the distributor. Now she's runnin' like a champ! Word is, around here, the other U-Pull yard is going to have a 50% off sale, and I plan on attending! They're raffling off a $500 shopping spree there. However, it's $500 on their half price sale prices, so it's good for $1000 worth of parts. Other cards are available, but I want this one. I need a new fender, hood and rear bumper.
where are you located? LOL! I need a fender too. hahahaha

what I did today on another note was see the headlights while Chelsea was driving down the block. They are no longer blinding. Dont let drunk people adjust your headlights and then forget about said adjustments because you also are drunk.

Welder is getting purchased this week. hope to get the cab mounts done by the end of the month.... FINALLY.

Last edited by richphotos; 09-04-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
smitty i thought that was to give you time when the ****ty driver side engine mount breaks and then under wot the engine lifts and the alt fan blends into the rad hose? Its happened to me twice. Darn tbi motors. thankfully on cpi that cant happen. Instead the spiders leak LOL
I had no choice with this one, because I'm using the '00 Jimmy Vortec, hose, and radiator, but kept the first gen alt/power steering setup. The hose hit the fan blade of the alternator whenever I gave it a foot-full of throttle. Using the stock '00 motor mounts, and they're very flexy - the engine moves around quite a bit in there. Torques about 4" to the right under hard throttle - found that out after going through MANY air cleaner spacers ...

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 09-04-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

thought about getting some poly mounts smitty? Yea,youll feel vibration. but no more torque loss.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Well I did make a deal over the phone with a guy for something for the blazer! Everything worked out great he actually works just a couple miles from me so I am going to meet him next Tuesday at 3:30 to hopefully make a purchase of an item I have been wanting since the day I bought my blazer! I'm not telling what it is till I have it in my possession tho

And I have to say good things about Rock Auto and Tire Rack now. I purchased pads, rotors, struts, and shocks from Rock auto last Thursday at about 4:45p and today the pads and rotors showed up. The shocks and struts will be here on Friday. And now for Tire Rack I bought a set of 4 tires at 4:50 last night and they were fricken here at 10:45 this am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap I would say that's fast shipping on their part

The tires look really narrow to me but they are the same size I have on the Murano now so I hope and expect they will plump up a bit once they are installed!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-9983ad6f-f983-497b-a585-6f48a9481d63-2989-0000016cb88fcd41_zps66968afc.jpg  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

nothing much today, started to clean her up and go over the whole ride.
looking forward to driving my gas pig again....stang is fun but i miss my high ride.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?