General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:53 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

I have not, I will be doing that today. As for the decal I will be hopefully getting to those this weekend. been busy with everything but should have a free couple of minutes hopefully

Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
smitty. Try these
Trans Dapt 4217 Trans Dapt Engine Swap Motor Mount Kits

rubber,for vibration. clamshell design like the 2.8. Plus they are 35 a pair.
Thanks for that link. I'll keep that on file - I ain't unbolting those mounts for a loooooooong long time! Yanking that engine twice in 2 years was enough for me!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:50 PM
vzill is on a distinguished road

My blazer had been having the ABS kick in when braking and almost stopped on my 1999 Blazer 4wd 4.3L. I hooked up a multi-meter that reads milli-volts to the speed sensor connector and spun the wheel. Per the troubleshooting I found on these forums, I removed the speed sensor from the hub assembly, removed the rust and crud from underneath it (had to bend up a shiny metal piece that was riveted in place) and then re-greased it and reassembled. After that my millivolt readings were hitting around 400 where before I was not even getting 250. Of course it depends how fast the wheel spins, but it improved to be sure. Did it on both front wheels although the passenger side was much worse than the driver side.

I greased up the fitting on the front end while everything was accessible.

While the brakes were apart, I inspected those, cleaned rust off the caliper contacts, greased and reassembled them.

Did a test drive and now my braking ABS problem seems to have disappeared. Sure beats the cost of new hub assemblies.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Awesome, glad you fixed it

Old 09-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled the four wheel drive actuator for the front differential. Going to do my own lock on it. Don't like the vacuum set up at all.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

That's my next project, although my problem isn't with the vacuum system - fixed that a few years back when I first bought the Blazer. Somewhere between the vacuum actuator and front diff, there's an issue that's not locking the front wheels. Pulling the cable by hand won't lock it either. Praying I don't have to yank the whole front diff assembly. Already had it partially out last year (for nothing) to try and do a pan gasket without yanking the engine. Well, with a second gen engine in a first gen, the engine had to come out. Sick of working on this thing ....

Still waiting on the replacement Walbro pump from the factory. Should be here sometime next week, hopefully. Then I can start taking the cable housing apart. Praying for an easy fix .... although nothing has been easy with this thing so far ...

Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Not sure what else to do on the blazer other then the trans mount. brakes work great now,no pulling. smooth. quiet. Got my sound system done. oil changed. i did notice a torn control arm bushing but,im not touching another arm for a while. ive done too many lately.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Im just getting ready to change my raditader. blasted all my nuts and bolts and screws last night, went and partied in college town after. I got a rad and new cap for 118 shipped and only took 3 days to get here. Im pretty curious to see the condition of the antifreeze. This will be my first 'tader change.

Should I go with the green stuff or DexCool? Green stuff seems to be the standard but GMs have that thing with the thing and the DexCool. I've been topping it off with DexCool lately but it's already got the green stuff in it.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Badco
Im just getting ready to change my raditader. blasted all my nuts and bolts and screws last night, went and partied in college town after. I got a rad and new cap for 118 shipped and only took 3 days to get here. Im pretty curious to see the condition of the antifreeze. This will be my first 'tader change.

Should I go with the green stuff or DexCool? Green stuff seems to be the standard but GMs have that thing with the thing and the DexCool. I've been topping it off with DexCool lately but it's already got the green stuff in it.
one or the other, dont mix. It will cause big problems

Old 09-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
one or the other, dont mix. It will cause big problems
Alright. It's all getting drained today and I've only put maybe an inch worth of a container in within the last week and a half so far. thanks

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?