General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I am absolutely exhausted, cab mount on the drivers side is welded in, and bolted up, carpet is back on, new fender is back on the truck. So quiet on the drivers side now, door is still closing messed up though, found out the lower hinge bushing is messed up from how long the door was sagging from the cab mount
So I get to do the bushing, and get a new door latch, since that is destroyed as well.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
cferry7 is on a distinguished road

1995 Gmc Jimmy SLT 4WD
Sat. Evening Re-assembled Front End and Front Diff. Transfer Case and Steering Gear Assy. And CV Flangs after partial dis-assemble when dropping the Oil Pan with Engine in the vehicle. Most difficult lining up Steering Gear mounts To Frame bolts and tedious cleaning all Bolts/Nuts associated with above. - suspensiion and other - these bolts see a dirty life. !!!

Last edited by cferry7; 10-14-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

welp,tonight i discovered my front passenger side wheel bearings are poo'd. sounded like gravel on the 30 min drive home. I GUESS its that,as its growling on passenger side like nuts. im 2wd,so nothing 4wd to worry about. Fun. im broke. who wants to donate to the "im too broke" fund? anyone? no? k. LOL

Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Beginning Member
Yoosfulidiot is on a distinguished road

Aaaaand new tires today! makes it look a ton better. The wheels I got were too far offset to fit the tire, gotta wait until thursday for the other ones to come in. Stoked.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tire1_zps1ebdd00b.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Starting Member
RJ2004 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Yoosfulidiot
<snip>Aaaaand new tires today! makes it look a ton better.
They look great! I got some new ones the other day too.

Today I replaced my rear brake pads and rotors.
I just love disc brakes! They're so easy to change.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road

Made some brackets and fitted on the front light bar.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20131015_171258_zpsc8498936.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Beginning Member
Yoosfulidiot is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RJ2004
They look great! I got some new ones the other day too.

Today I replaced my rear brake pads and rotors.
I just love disc brakes! They're so easy to change.
Thanks! I think so too, I hate those plastic covers though. I hope the other wheels fit alright. Rear disc would be nice lol I need new brakes.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dobe Rottie Gang
Made some brackets and fitted on the front light bar.

That looks really nice. I've never seen a right-hand-drive Blazer either... !

Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Was leaving for work and came outside to a dead battery... Fortunately, I was just early enough that one of the other guys could pick me up. I knew it was weak... Had a few warnings, but has been starting OK up until now. Oh, well...

There were 49 months on the 60 month Exide battery. Inside of 36 months they replace it, then it goes pro-rated. According to their schedule, I would have paid more to exchange it for a new one than it cost to begin with... The pro-rated price is based on full list, but I bought it for trade price.

Shopped online and settled on an Autocraft from Advance Auto Parts. Had a 30% discount code, bought it online and picked up at the local store. Cost the same as Exide, but with a slightly higher capacity.

While I had it out, I painted the battery tray and cleaned the rusty body ground point I found underneath the tray. Now the air bag warning light, which used to come on intermittently, stays on... Seems like the front sensors would be the problem, but I'm not gonna mess with it.

The Blazer starts great, that's all I care about.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Well, I must tell yall that tried to help me with the truck shifting hard into park, and sometimes popping itself into reverse once in park.
After replacing the upper cab mount, that then got rid of the 1.5-2" body sag at the front cab mount.
That was the problem with the shifting, now that its all fixed, it shifts into park perfectly.
That is all.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?