General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
NewFirstGen is on a distinguished road

I had some people **** me off at work just before the end of the day and needed to take out some frustration when I got home. I thought what better way than to beat on my shackle bolts and do the shackle lift and T-Bar crank. Using the E-Bay shackles that everyone recommends I took the nuts off and, low and behold, they only needed a light tap with a small hammer and the bolts came right out on both sides. Took me about 30 minutes to do both shackles. I need to do some final measuring in the morning to make sure everything is at the right measurements and make adjustments if necessary, then snap some pics for you guys, and make arrangements to get an alignment.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

got my remote start working last night

Old 03-06-2010, 01:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

finally got my AHL feature disabled!

turns out my POS '98 needed a 0.25W 1000 ohm resistor.

i only had to go through 4 other sizes 'til another member-who actually owned a '98-said what he found that actually did the job.

gotta look through the threads, find out who it was, and send out a big "thanks brother" to him.

**Curtis, where the hell is your :icon_pumpsfistinair: @? i coulda used that one instead up there**

Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

replaced the cap and rotor on my truck today and started it for the first time in 3 months!!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Beginning Member
Becca is on a distinguished road

I got the spare tire relocation bracket mounted. Now I can actually see out of the back window. Somewhat. lol

Old 03-06-2010, 08:01 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I put about 200 miles on mine... stupid gas

Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

hmmm, more like the last month... lets see, added 2" shackles, 1.5" T-Bar twist & 33 x 12.5's ala Logan
2nd front end alignment because of hub bearings, upper control arm bushings & pitman arm
then another for the t bar twist
recalibrated the comp for the taller tires
today i got some 32 x 11.5 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AŽ KM2's (33's were rubbing too much) & am getting them siped because they have SFA for siping & i need that on ice, wet roads & or rocks, they'll be ready monday
installed some Flexy Flares to cover the tires & the cop that stared at my tires (before the flares) didn't pull me over lol TY!!!

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Finally put a full tank of gas in her. Haven't been able to do that for a while. Then wasted a 1/4 of it going to and from Daytona Beach. *sigh* These trucks are pigs.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Intake manifold gasket, water pump, serpentine belt, thermostat and radiator cap. Oh and a full coolant flush/change and an oil change. She purrrrrrrrs. Whew

Old 03-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Beginning Member
Chandler is on a distinguished road

Thanks to Blazer Forum, I fixed my window washer tank, my rear window washer, the driver's side door leak, and the weather stripping that guides the windows on both doors. I'm glad I found this place; thanks to everyone who adds input in the Tech section, y'all saved me a bunch of money.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?