General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Painted the outside framerails and trailer hitch flat black.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Blazer 98 is on a distinguished road

New battery, painted center cap to match the rest, and made a air dam for my roof basket.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Yesterday I fixed the frame on the drivers side front cab mount area, and today I replaced the door latch on the drivers door, door closes like butter now.
drivers side is done.
Passenger side will come next year

I am going to be doing an oil change and tranny fluid/filter change one of these weekends
Dreading the tranny fluid filter change, no easy way of getting that damn pan out

Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

rich,the pans easy,IF your take the nut off the trans mount,and jack the trans up as high as you can. then you have all the room you want.

today i picked up a spectra fuel sending unit. Now,il order my AC DELCO pump in a few days. 54.99 -$20 coupon code from advance. 35 dalla. woot!

im totally cutting a hole in the cab to replace the unit. rich i found pics you had of how you did it. the wiring for it,where is it located? can my fat hands get under the floor to get to it?

Old 11-03-2013, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
rich,the pans easy,IF your take the nut off the trans mount,and jack the trans up as high as you can. then you have all the room you want.

today i picked up a spectra fuel sending unit. Now,il order my AC DELCO pump in a few days. 54.99 -$20 coupon code from advance. 35 dalla. woot!

im totally cutting a hole in the cab to replace the unit. rich i found pics you had of how you did it. the wiring for it,where is it located? can my fat hands get under the floor to get to it?
the wiring was real close, there is enough room for your hands to get to it.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, hell.. I was supposed to start the rebuild on my Blazer engine, but I'm running this Silverado in the meantime, and I just keep finding thing after thing which needs to be done with that... who the hell knows when I'll actually be able to get to the Blazer? I spent the whole weekend working on this Silverado. Good little truck, but the previous owner knew dick about cars. All of the dash screws are missing, only one of the bolts holding the glove compartment door is on... and don't even get me started on the wiring, which is what I spent most of this weekend fixing.
Still, I can't complain, since I got it for a handgun, and it runs good.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I pulled the ABS codes on my wife's '00 Blazer today. More on that in another thread. More importantly, I finally cleaned up my carport area and that allowed me to move some of my friend's recording studio equipment out of my garage. Now the old studio drum kit and road cases are under the carport which means I can work in the garage again this winter. Woo hoo!

Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 PM
brown_eye is on a distinguished road

changed the spider a few sensors and all the fluids with a full tune up and killed my battery.. its now on the charger

Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I used the Blazer as a tractor yesterday. I've come to the conclusion that without 4x4, this thing is pretty much useless for anything but pavement ...

Ended up borrowing a neighbor's Ford 1710 to drag the Jimmy out back to it's final resting place. Got my money's worth parting it, and it's next to worthless as scrap as it sits ... so now I have a small shed with paint and lots of glass ....

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/jjs...49b21.mp4.html

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-jimmymovedoutofdrivewaydragmarks_zpsdf9c1101.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-jimmymovedtohilloutback_zps237c0515.jpg  

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 11-04-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Add some pics
Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

i found a deal today....and made another thread LOL

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-uzdv.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?