General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:14 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Its been so dam fridgid I havent been able to anything to mine lately.On top of that my other truck has issues that I have been trying to fix.The raiditor blew a hole in it and I went through $10 in sealer and stop leak and $30 in antifreeze.I had a spare even though its a bit smaller but changed to that one.It will work for now till I can get my main one fixed permanently.Im still stumped on thw wiring issues on the blazer so who knows when I`ll get a chance to try and figure that out again.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Starting Member
swells87 is on a distinguished road

I did the quad beam mod last night, that was the easiest mod I have done to my truck so far!!

Old 12-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Starting Member
JxHyman is on a distinguished road
Default Front Washer Pump Not Working

'97 Chevy Blazer 4.3L V6, 181xxx miles

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and a mediocre shadetree mechanic at best, so forgive me for any forthcoming ignorance.

This being said, my front washer pump has quit working for quite some time now. The rear works just fine. Wiper, pump, and washers activate perfectly. With the front, the wipers activate, but there is nothing coming from the pump. No power, noise, or fluid. Replaced the pump, got nothing. Got a new washer pump connector and spliced the wires, still nothing. Could it be something with the multifunction switch off the steering column? A relay? Fuses are fine, too. Needless to say, I am baffled and worn out from trying to figure this thing out. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

Old 12-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JxHyman
'97 Chevy Blazer 4.3L V6, 181xxx miles

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and a mediocre shadetree mechanic at best, so forgive me for any forthcoming ignorance.

This being said, my front washer pump has quit working for quite some time now. The rear works just fine. Wiper, pump, and washers activate perfectly. With the front, the wipers activate, but there is nothing coming from the pump. No power, noise, or fluid. Replaced the pump, got nothing. Got a new washer pump connector and spliced the wires, still nothing. Could it be something with the multifunction switch off the steering column? A relay? Fuses are fine, too. Needless to say, I am baffled and worn out from trying to figure this thing out. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh
There are a lot of knowledgeable folks posting here, but I'd suggest using the forum's search function to search for others who may have had the same problem. You can also start a thread here:
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

That section of the forum is for folks who have specific problems with their '96 to '05 Blazers. This thread is more for guys who are fixing up their rides... Starting your own thread is the "correct" way to ask for help and keeps all the posts together so you can easily refer to them.

I'd also suggest searching for a wiring diagram of your Blazer. That will enable you to troubleshoot the problem in a methodical manner. (I found one for my 2002 online. Not sure if I found it here, but they are out there...)

Good luck!

Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Did an oil change and replaced fuel filter. I'd like to know if anyone has figured out how to get the damn fuel filter off (working on the ground) without getting a bath in gasoline... Yes, I let the pressure off first.

I've resigned myself to wearing throwaway gloves and an old jacket. It's hanging outside 'til the fumes dissipate...

Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 AM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

Drove it in the rain today to clean off road salt and reoccurring bird crap.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Denali FX-R Retrofit Day 2

Baked the left headlight assembly for the Denali this morning and it came apart pretty damn easy, pretty much just like the right headlight assembly. Screwed up on the final reheat while removing the remaining permaseal and over did it. The back is a bit distorted now, but I think I can bring it back around with my heat gun when I go to seal it back up. I have to fix a mounting pin as well since it distorted, then broke while I was cleaning the seal channel.

I also built a jig for the headlight reflectors to mount onto to mark out the hot spot from the halogen bulbs. The markings will then be used to align the projectors once the reflector buckets are modified to fit the projector.

I had to stop for the day as my spare battery in the garage was dead so it's on the charger now. I did spark up the FX-R's! The output is amazing! Completely covers the stock halogens to the point you can no longer tell it is there.

I'll start up a build thread once I get around to taking some pictures.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

RE and RE'd the rear brakes
My wife has been driving her since my motorcycle went to winter storage
I took it out one night this week and felt there was a brake hanging up
One of the drivers side caliper pins was seized solid
I did get the pin to finally turn but gave up trying to get the pin out
I don't have torches anymore so I ended up buying a caliper and bracket assembly

I figured it was a good time to do the fan clutch since it was a mild day today
It has been roaring even when the temps have been well below freezing

Told my wife Merry Christmas , not spending anymore money on her LOL

Old 12-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Got my Camaro rims!

Now I just have to swap my good treads over... I dont really feel like rolling around on 205/65s and recalibrating the speedo and changing four tires with just a donut jack.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-1526975_808714012488266_1271471875_n.jpg  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Tested my g80

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-82b64a1b-7831-4734-96c3-916eaef012ef_zpsynpjtwhv.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?