General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten pulled over for in your blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

have yet to be pulled over in the blazer.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigjon1
I got a $285 dollar ticket for 90 in a 75.
Where is the speed limit 75???? lol

Old 02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a ticket about a month ago for going 69 in a 55. I stopped literally 15 feet in front of the 65 mph sign. He dropped it to 5 over but still cost me $95. It was late and I was coming home from work and he was sitting in the median with no lights on. When I had my 2000 SS Camaro I got pulled over on a routine basis for stupid things. No front plate (never put it on), tinted windows, too loud of exhaust (LT Headers into and off-road Y-pipe with cutout open and a decent sized cam attracts people), and of course speeding. Had been ticket free for over a year though until I got the most recent in my Blazer.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rob44_90
I know in CO and WY on the interstate the speed limit is 75. I would imagine in some other western states such as MT and ID may be the same. Not to sure on UT, though.

I remember a few years back, when the federal mandated 55 mph nation wide speed limit was done away with and the states could set their own speed limits, as they had before Carter took office. MT had no speed limit. Rule of thumb, so to speak, was as long as you were in control, you could drive however fast you wanted.

First and only time I ever passed a cop doing about 100mph and he just waved to me. I waved back. This was on I-90 back in the mid '90s, I believe.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rob44_90
UT (~40 miles) and TX (500+ miles) both have sections of highways with an 80MPH limit.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Knock on wood, I've never been pulled over.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

for driving a rotted $100 pos turd in a nice neighborhood. i wasnt speeding, i made sure of it cause i know the truck looks suspicious same reason i make sure all the lights work. said i was doing 43 in a 35. theres a chance the speedo could be off but doubt it. i was nice and luckily he left me off

Old 02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
UT (~40 miles) and TX (500+ miles) both have sections of highways with an 80MPH limit.
Texas still have the day/night speed limits?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i got pulled over for swerving first thing he said when he walked up to my window was "how much drugs you do tonight!!??"

i laughed and said none, did the regular stuff and let me go, and literally 20 seconds later had another person pulled over across the street lol talk about quota.

another time me and the girl were driving home down a dark highway at night when i notice a cop following me. finally flicked his lights on a nd pulled me over. i was sitting there waiting for him to come to my window, when we heard, "get out with your hands up!" i was like wha-whaaaaat did he say? So we both got out, hands up, blinded by lights they had on us, 3 or 4 cops cars surrounded us, ALL had their guns drawn and pointed at us!!!! made us walk up to the car and put our hands on the hood of the cruiser. Then he asked me "did you shoot anyone tonight?" i was like wtf NO!

then he said someone was in a get-away car that was the same model as mine but a different color, what a bunch of dumb ****, over powered retards they are. I wish i filed a complaint or something....i was just happy to not get shot.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Starting Member
Murphy Mumgart is on a distinguished road

This is a great thread
I've been pulled over twice for absolutely no reason. The first time I was pulling out of a driveway and the cop said he thought I was drunk. (He followed me for 2 miles even though he thought I was drunk. SMART COP) He then apologized for being horribly wrong and let me go.
The other no-ticket story isnt worth telling. Cops were just hatin'
Things I have gotten a ticket for: Not having a front license plate because I had a plow mount on the front of my blazer. The guy didnt even talk to me, he just threw the ticket in my window and walked away.
And my favorite: I got a $133 dollar ticket for "driving through a park" when i was driving my S10 pickup
What i really did was DRIVE INTO A LAKE. I had to go to court. They dropped other charges and just left me with that one. Could've been worse.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten pulled over for in your blazer