General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What kind of goodies have you found at pull a parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:32 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default What kind of goodies have you found at pull a parts/junkyards/yard sales??

Went out there today to get a digital cluster. Looked through some trucks and blazers and found some new monroe shocks,drop spindles and 3" blocks,and some 1" wheel spacers. I also found a 2008 silverado with the 5.3 that was tboned! Better yet tomorrow is 1/2 off memorial day..After this weeks bills i only have $100 to spend

Im seriously thinking about getting one of them title loans today for money for that 5.3 (its only 150.00 tomorrow)

5.3 swap!

I stashed the cluster behind a seat and I need to get ahold of a sawzall for the u bolts for the blocks etc...Kinda cool how my clusters gonna cost $15.00 and the blocks are $2.00 lol

How about you guys?

p.s. xgiovannix12 i looked for a console bracket while i was there. Didnt find any good ones. Il look some more.

Last edited by chris015; 05-27-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i picked up dark grey two tone trailblazer seats...nice leather.
i also got lucky and got a set of black/gray two tone int for my mustang.

but interior sets were 100.00 each....cant beat that deal.

best finds are the accidental ones...i always leave with more then i planned on.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:25 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

Okay, I have two questions here lol.

One is for Chris, the other is for Warthogdriver.

Chris: Was the 1/2 off memorial sale at the pull-a-part for all pull-a-part's? And if I would of known they were having a 1/2 off sale, I would of gone and looked around for awhile.

Warthogdriver: Do the t-blazer seats bolt right in or is some modification needed to make them fit? I really want adjustable headrests for my front seats and headrests in general for my rear bench seat. I have had no luck with seats lately at all. I need the gray leather. If I can't find any soon, I might have to go the upholstery route and see what kind of deal I can get for somebody to wrap my seats in leather.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I picked up a "new" roof rack, I broke mine camping.

And I have a Q. Is that your blazer in your avatar Tibby? Because that's awesome.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:03 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Originally Posted by Thogert
I picked up a "new" roof rack, I broke mine camping.

And I have a Q. Is that your blazer in your avatar Tibby? Because that's awesome.
No lol. The guy used to live in my apartment complex. He is part of the group wheelin dixie. But yea, he customized the truck A LOT and you can tell he put a lot of money in it by the fact that it has no back shell ha. But I had the pic of his blaz up because I hadn't been able to get a pic of mine. But i'll upload a pic of mine in the next few days and change it out. I need to upload a few pics of the blazer I have.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Tibby,I didnt mean the "pull a part" company. its called LKQ pull a part. Its mostly on the eastcoast i think. Google LKQ pull a part to find a location.

So i just got home from today. Went to lkq and got my gauge cluster. I did the digital to analog conversion. total cost including butt connectors=$21.00. took me 2 hours.

I sold some skid plates to a guy locally off Craigslist and he ended up buying them,extra torque converter dust cover,and a flowmaster muffler. Didnt have alot in it,I got $60.00 for it all to get rid of it for play money for 1/2 off sale. He was looking for some seats for his s10 and found some seats for him and got $60 MORE money for MORE stuff at the sale. Ended up going home with a new starter,found a nice sunpro tachometer, Some aftermarket tailights and some 3" drop blocks, as well as linkin park cd i found in a trunk which was free.. My total cost $42.00.

Going back down there tomorrow. to get my tailgate window for $20 bucks.

IT HAS BEEN A FREAKING AWESOME DAY..

Old 05-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

i havent had any luck at my local pull and pay

Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

We don't even have one near where I live, it's really depressing

EDIT: I take that back! I just had to look up if there were any near me. I found a place roughly 30 minutes from where I live. I graduate high school in a week, I should be getting money from that. I'm gonna have me a field day!

Last edited by Joemakerman; 05-28-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

i havent been in a while.. if i wasnt saving for a trip to texas in july i would check it out again next weekend.

after texas perhaps.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:06 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Too many items to list. There is an LKQ just west of Baton Rouge but is about a 2 hour drive for me. I do have a Barry's local pull it place 15 min from my house. The problem with interiors at these places is they get trashed pretty quick. You would have to get lucky and find something that was just brougth in and has not been totally rumaged through.

Quick Reply: What kind of goodies have you found at pull a parts?