General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What kind of goodies have you found at pull a parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:42 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Same at lkq. interiors are gonners fast. I went with a friend this morning back down there. Best thing could happen, they reloaded the lines with more blazersssssss. Found a sony cd deck,5% tinted tailgate glass and even found 2 full gallons of coolant. Spent another 35.00 of friends money..

Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Beginning Member
kolbpilot is on a distinguished road

I imagine we have several in our area. I bought my Blazer needing (only cosmetically) a new rear corner piece for the bumper because of a tire blowout that broke some of the plastic. The drivers side kick panel was missing along with the hood release handle, only the cable in its place. The little vent below the glove box was there but all the louvers were missing. I was able to replace every item with one stop to a guy off Craigslist who had one for parts. The best part of the deal was the donor Blazer was the same year & color so the bumper piece was a natural fit. The interior pieces were a light gray versus dark but big deal. The little vent fits fine & the kick panel is hardly noticeable, and now I open the hood as designed.

Last edited by kolbpilot; 05-31-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Many years ago I was with a friend and we found some weird russian pistol thing with a long magazine in a wrecker van under the seat. We took it. Pointed it at a dumpster in his alley and squeezed the trigger and it was full auto... Ran out of rounds real fast, I think it held about 20, and couldnt get any more cause its a russian weapon and you cant just walk into a sporting store and buy amunition without an FAC in canada (we were under 18 too), so we called the police and said we found it in the alley, a cop came 20 minutes later and took it to be destroyed and gave us tickets to a hockey game in trade as part of their "cash for guns" deal in the 90s... Thats my strangest find.

We found a 9MM in an auction vehicle when I worked in a detail shop, called the cops and they didnt give me anything when they came to collect that one. They also didnt show up to get it until the NEXT DAY if you beleive it.

Ive found good speakers... And money... Thats about it for wrecker yards for me.

I got the seats for my S10 from a 2002 tahoe my friend had. He bought it for 500 bucks in 2005. It was totally stolen and he knew it. We stripped the engine and transmission, got 1000 for them both. Got another thousand for the diffs. He kept the wheels for his 90s full size blazer, and I took the seats for my V8S10. Then he got another 100 for the truck skeleton from a wrecker.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

15 bucks for a set of 2nd gen aluminum skids

10 for my overhead console with trip computer

5 bucks for a new (to me) ypipe(crushed mine, and exaust shops wanted $700 cause the cat is built in)

Last edited by 69chevelle; 05-31-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

I've found some interesting things picking through bone yards though nothing like a russian pistol. The most worthy thing I can think of off the top of my head was a Heads Up Display unit from a '93 Bonneville for a paltry $15. Took both my dad and I 6 hours in the blazing hot florida sun to get enough of the wiring loose to where we could cut it. Several years later I found out why. That body style bonny had a wonderful ONE piece wiring harness from the headlights to the tail lights!! NO connectors!!! What a bitch.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Beginning Member
walker99 is on a distinguished road

back when i had my sunfire my local u pull yard in ontario was having a $60 day. al u can carry for $60 bucks. i picked up a whole front end (hood, both fenders, bumper, headlights and turn signals) for 60 bucks. ive found a brand new brake booster and a drop in k&n filterfor blazer. best part is about u pull is they cant tell or care that a part is aftermarket. aftermarket or stock is the same price

Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hey chris how did you find that bracket for me? to bad i cant find one of these pick and pull places =(

Old 06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Man Ive looked at every one ive seen and they are all broke! Il find you one sometime or another. its written in my "crap i dont need but want" book. Yea i really do have a book with what i need lol. When i find one il let you know. They have new ones out every weekend.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Man Ive looked at every one ive seen and they are all broke! Il find you one sometime or another. its written in my "crap i dont need but want" book. Yea i really do have a book with what i need lol. When i find one il let you know. They have new ones out every weekend.

haha
yea they break all in the same spot . there so hard to find a decent one , i need to find these pick and pull places but where i live they arent much around