General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what kind of jackass would.....

Old 09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what kind of jackass would.....

engineer the brake lights to run through the hazard switch? I mean really, come on. Such a vital component running through something that is a dealer only part.

yeah, Im an idiot. Ill be the first to admit it. Broke the switch off putting the factory cd player in after my theft. Lights went all bonkers with the horn going off.

remember if your ever getting mugged, reach up and break your hazard switch off. Lights and horns everywhere. your perp will run away screaming.

well since its a weekend, with a holiday on monday, I was freaking out on how to get this piece. my chevy dealer has NOTHING blazer related in stock so even when I order this on tuesday itll be friday before i get it.

So i pulled the switch out ( thanks for the DIY article), pulled the spring out of the switch and stuck the switch back in. grabbed it with the needle nose and moved it up and down until i found its sweet spot where everything works.

hopefully it doesnt move in there until I get my part in.

BOOOOOO to GM engineers on this one, they should be kicked in the *****.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

umm don't blame GM for that one, it's actually pretty common to have the brake lights run through the Hazard switch. It really makes sense if you trhink about it, the brake lights/turn signals/hazard light share the same circuit in the rear, and all the wiring for the rear and front marker lights run to the column anyway for the turn signals. If you want to fault GM on anything, fault them on the crappy, easy-to-break hazard switch, I'm on my second BLazer and both has had a busted switch .... so that should say something.