General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What to look out for when buying a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Beginning Member
v8 jago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to look out for when buying a blazer

Imlooking at buying my first blazer, But before i goahead and buy one i want to try to find out the bad point on them and what to look out for, Things that are prone to go and things that are expensive to put right. Any views ?? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What to look out for when buying a blazer

I best i can say to that question is ,, That every veh has its problem.... Just make it go as fast as that jeep and that should solve any problems LOL..

Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

That would depend how many miles and what year. Are you going for an older one with higher mileage? Newer with low? Newer with high?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Beginning Member

I am looking for about 98 - 2000. There is two that i have seen one is 25000 miles and the other is 42000 miles. So they are both low milages and i would have to convert it to lpg, With fuel in the uk been £1 per litre it would make it more easier to run.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ball joints are one of the biggest things to go on these. You can fix them yourself for about $40 a piece or take it to a shop and they charged me $500 for parts and labor

Old 10-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Beginning Member

That sound very little to go wrong with them.
The reason i ask is i jumped into getting a ford explorer 2 years ago and the cam chain had a little rattle when i bought it, I had only had it a few months when it was very noticable and the 4wd wasnt working so i took it to a garage exchanged it for a toyota surf. The timing chain involved stripping the whole motor down and was very hard to do or expensive and there was two chains on the engines too.
So im just trying to find out the weak points on them.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:06 PM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
From another new owner of a blazer in the UK, beware of a 2001, 45000 mile lpg converted one in Yorkshire, been resprayed, but look underneath !!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Beginning Member

ORIGINAL: redcruiser

Hi
From another new owner of a blazer in the UK, beware of a 2001, 45000 mile lpg converted one in Yorkshire, been resprayed, but look underneath !!!!!
Cheers for that ! i did breifly look at that om the a-to tr-der is it the darkest colour you could get !!
Where are you from ? If you have been to see it you must be near me in cleveland.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:20 PM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats the one, I travelled up from home in Colchester, Essex to see it. Most disappointed. Ended up buying one just over the Dartford crossing in Kent. It's being converted to LPG at the moment. By the way there is a red one on ebay that is in Colchester, don't know what its like though have stopped looking now I have one.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Beginning Member

Feel sory for you mate. It is only 16 miles from me according to the computer. What year you got and what is it like on fuel around town etc ?? If its 2001 or ewer will it be affected by mr browns tax price hike ?

Quick Reply: What to look out for when buying a blazer