General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What used to be on my bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road
Default What used to be on my bumper?

Anybody have a guess on what used to be on each side of my bumper? There are 2 small holes and 1 big hole in the middle. I bought the car used so I have no idea.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:16 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

No telling what a PO might have had there. It's not factory, though.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:19 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

if your spare tire is underneath the truck, thats normally where you put the foldable jack crank handle to let the tire down from underneath ( next to the plate ).. the other holes were prob lights that were added on as back up lights or sumthing, the two small holes are the mounting holes and the larger was the wires going thru.. maybe it was back up lights for the trailer it was towing..

Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

^^^Thats exactly what i was going to type. PLease leave my head thank you

Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it might have been some additional lighting.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Starting Member

I'm the one who installed the hitch. There wasn't one on the car when I got it.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

may have had some tie down points for if he hauled something on the roof often like a canoe or ladder

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Starting Member

I wonder if I could find like a bumper pad thingy to cover them up. Anybody have ideas on how to cover them?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

you could simply bondo the holes to have a nice smooth surface.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 AM
wrenchturner3529 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mattjphoto
I wonder if I could find like a bumper pad thingy to cover them up. Anybody have ideas on how to cover them?
Since they look simetrical in size and spacing on each side. You may be able to find those black push in retainers for door panels or for lack of better terminology "hole fillers" in the self help section of the local auto parts store. I've used them to cover holes in motorcycle body panels where POs drilled holes to mount lights. Also if you dont want the black to show you may be able to color match your paint with a Duplacolor touch up/scratch paint pen or small bottle with a brush.

Quick Reply: What used to be on my bumper?