General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What would you suggest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What would you suggest?

ORIGINAL: drperry

If you plan to do any sort of wheeling, the lights on the lower bar are kinda useless... Unless they're high quality and very, very sealed, lol.
True, I have some PIAA factory fog/driving lights off of my old Taurus SHO that i saved after the accident. They are very well sealed and I think should work fine there, but not sure if I am getting a brush guard. And I would make a custom mount to move the actual lights closer to the bumper so that they dont get busted by a stick or something.

-Lenny

Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like im gonna go with the hunter then provided i can get credited back on the deductable. I actually saw Dale this morning when dropping off the rental car. The paint is all done and it looks like they got the alignment done. Front grille and lights arent put in just yet but that wont take long at all to do. Dale is really shiny though. I didnt get a chance to look up close but it looks like they touched up some other spots and matched the paint and all so he is REALLY shiny and clean. Wont stay that way for long but hey I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Since i gotta work late tonight my mom is going to pick him up so I'll take some pictures after work. I'm just sooooo glad I'm getting my truck back. 3 weeks with no truck is no bueno.

Anyways thanks for all the input guys (and gals ). I'll keep ya posted on what happens.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 PM

Great news, getting your truck back. You are probably pretty tired with the rental car and I know I would want to get my truck back asap. Good to hear they are atleast doing a good job too.

-Lenny

Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

Great news, getting your truck back. You are probably pretty tired with the rental car and I know I would want to get my truck back asap. Good to hear they are atleast doing a good job too.

-Lenny
After yesterday im not too sure. They still arent done. Their excuse was they "got the wrong clips" for the front end. WRONG CLIPS!?!?!?! TO WHAT!?!?!?! The grille itself comes with the clips when you buy it from the dealer (and they did). Plus they knew about this on Tuesday night and they still jacked around all day yesterday and didnt get it done. They say that it will be done for sure today but if it isnt oh boy will they get a mouthful.

At this point i just want my truck back, thats all. Im tired of being led around and having to make due in the mean time. Like even right now i have to car pool with my mom because i dont have the rental car anymore. Heck, if i have to I'll put thedarn grille on myself (already putting the brush guard on so why not).

Oh that reminds me, being that this was the original point of discussion, im getting the money back from my deductable for the brush guard and im getting the hunter. They were saying it would be almost 2 months before they could get a waag in. I told them to go blow it (only more politely).

Anyways just needed to get that off my chest. [sm=rant.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 11:35 AM

Wow, yeah thats got to be pretty frustrating, them saying oh wrong clips and what not. I can't believe that some places expect you to pay money and just stand around doing nothing all day.

Oh and congrats on going with the Hunter, I'll have to take a look at it when you visit WI. I really want one too, but not sure what all I am going to spend on my truck.

-Lenny

Old 07-06-2007, 12:02 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob, I really like that Hunter brush guard.....You got me looking at them and it's a good possibility that one may show up on mine as well.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

Wow, yeah thats got to be pretty frustrating, them saying oh wrong clips and what not. I can't believe that some places expect you to pay money and just stand around doing nothing all day.

Oh and congrats on going with the Hunter, I'll have to take a look at it when you visit WI. I really want one too, but not sure what all I am going to spend on my truck.

-Lenny
Yeah, but at least im coming out ahead with the brush guard. Thats what i keep telling myself and im sorta keeping my sanity.

Definately looking forward to getting the brush guard though. Who knows when i go up to visit ya in WI if i plan it for long enough you can see it, order it, and we can install it before i leave .

Edit:

ORIGINAL: FFJustin99Chevy

Rob, I really like that Hunter brush guard.....You got me looking at them and it's a good possibility that one may show up on mine as well.
Right on, I'm a trend setter, LOL. Should look pretty nice. Keep me posted with pics. I'll do the same with Dale.