General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What Year is this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road
Question What Year is this??

This is my dads old blazer that he had when I was a kid that made me love blazers and get the one I now own. He doesn't remember the year of it. Can some of you tell what year and model this was? my goal is to find this truck again and buy it back into the family. I know it was standard and 4x4, thats it. any info is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails What Year is this??-dsc00514-copy.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I would like to wager a guess of 88-94 fullsize

Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely NOT a fullsize! Could be an 83-90 based on the grill...

Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 PM

82-90 that pretty broad lol is there a certain year that uses that grill? I know every year grills differ just a lil. I always felt loke my dads blazer was big but when I got mine it felt real small, I know his was a little raised.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I forgot that the S10 Blazer wasn't released until '83. And no, that grill was used across that entire range. And there are no other identifying badges, etc in that picture that may have been able to narrow it down.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I can see why that one made you like the Blazer though! That is a good looking truck! I like the Irocs.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't look like theres anything else to distinguish it. '83-90s were pretty similar. Do you know if it had the 2.8 v6 or 4.3 v6? It might be hard to track something like that down. Maybe through carfax, if you can get the VIN of it somewhere. You can see where it has been registered over the years.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Administrator

If it had the 4.3L, we could narrow it down to an 88-90...

Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 AM

Well my dad has the worst memory, all he knows is that it was a 4x4 blazer haha. I could probably find it because my dad sold it to his friend where he ripped out the engine and let it sit in his backyard in shambles for a few years( really sad when I saw the state it was in) and then sold it off to one of his neighbors. One day I'll go on the search for the one that started it all.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:09 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

If your dad had a ;oan out on it, you could track it down through the bank record by the VIN if he still has dealings with them. They don't get rid of anything. They just microfilm the stuff. It's definately an S10 Blazer. If you had some more pics of the front they moved the emblems around on them from year to year.Can't really tell from that shot.

Quick Reply: What Year is this??