General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What Year is this??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 12:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sgp7679
shes drivin right now (almost)

i'll when you remove the almost part.

seriously though, glad to hear you're almost there.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sgp7679
found another pic of the back. I noticed the words chevrolet arent across the middle its over to the right side. i looked at pics of 89s and they had chevrolet written all the way across like my 87. Anyone know of the year that uses the letters to the right?
Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
I'm sticking with my original thought that it's an '89. My '89 had an aluminum strip running across the end gate and the word Chevrolet imprinted on the right (passenger) side of it. I purchased the vehicle from the original owner and it was never involved in an accident so I'm confident the end gate was never replaced.

My '85 GMC T-15 had the same aluminum strip on the end gate, but GMC was imprinted on the left (driver) side of it.
Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that's the difference between GMC (left side) & Chevy (right side). both my '90 'Burb's were the same way. the GMC one had it on the driver's side (left), and the Chevy had it on the passenger's side (right) and both truck were identical in colour.

my '92 didn't even have "GMC" or "Jimmy" on the TG, it had something better.......
I was replying to sgp7679's statement about the word Chevrolet being centered on the end gate of the '87 - '89 Blazers. I've never seen a 1st Gen like that. Both that I owned and every one I've ever seen the word Chevrolet has been offset to the right or the left for GMC. We are in agreement.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you're right. but then you're not (didn't want to say you're wrong )

what they started to do was NOT install the metal trim around the rear hatch window. that actually started in late '90 models.

as for the wrong part...............the window has always had the struts bolt through the glass. look @ an earlier rear window (with the trim on it), you'll see there's no way the trim is wide enough to mount anything to.
I respectfully disagree with the above statement. On the 1st Gen models the struts attached to a 'U' shaped bracket that had a ball stud on it welded to the inside of the window frame. I suspect this is what the guy was talking about that ImScrewed92 mentioned. It was a poor design. I had to have one of the ball studs welded back onto the bracket on both my '85 and my '89. I think that is why they went to the 'through the glass' bracket design on the 2nd Gen models.