General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What year is the best blazer??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Beginning Member
moldeck is on a distinguished road
Default What year is the best blazer??

I am looking into getting a new blazer and was wondering which year blazer is the best for reliability. My 97 has been very dependable and owes me nothing 252000 miles on it. I just wanted to ask the majority. I could not find how to make it a poll.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Starting Member
CH@Dbee is on a distinguished road

all of them are great trucks to be honest. personally i like the 98+ cause of the front end but thats just me.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

98... takes a deer to keep them off the road...

Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I like 96 but I also like 98+

Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member
moldeck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
98... takes a deer to keep them off the road...
My 97 has eaten 3 deer!! and one lummina..LOL

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by moldeck
My 97 has eaten 3 deer!! and one lummina..LOL
My blazer didnt stand up to a deer at 60+ mph... in my defense that deer was HUGE... it was roughly neck to butt as big as my headlights... from back to stomach probably from the top of my hood to the bumper...

But this is how i view it
S series... Always 4door before 2door unless 2door is zr2
98+
95-97
up to 95

Full size... the K5 is amazing... who cares what year....

Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

At this point, the Blazer hasn't really been produced for a while, that being said I wouldn't go any older than 2000 IMO unless some sort of miracle has taken place and it's low mileage.

I've had my 05 for almost 2 yrs now with no issues, just regular maintenance and an intermittent Rich on Bank 2 code that only stays on for an hour or two of driving at the most.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Keep in mind they really didn't change AT ALL from 98 to the end of production in 05. There were only minor changes through those years. You'll be fine with anyone of those IMO. They all have the same common problems.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moldeck
I am looking into getting a new blazer and was wondering which year blazer is the best for reliability. My 97 has been very dependable and owes me nothing 252000 miles on it. I just wanted to ask the majority. I could not find how to make it a poll.
get the ones that came with factory clearance lights

Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

'92 GMC Jimmy. 4 door, 4x4 w/5spd! extremely rare machine.

Quick Reply: What year is the best blazer??