General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Whats better for the starter, computer or me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Whats better for the starter, computer or me?

what's better to start the blazer. im curious since i got my remote start in. is it better to hit the remote start all the time to start it. thus allowing the control module and the all the other goodies to start your blazer or is it better to start it manually with the key (the good ol fashion way).

so basically which one is easier on the starter? the only factors i could think of would be overcranking when you turn the key to start. where as the remote start, uses the tach so its exact. right?

i have a starter bypass relay so i can't crank once the remote start is running (in case it matters)

what's your guys opion? any technical data about this out there?

Old 03-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

My buddy said the same thing about the remote start and tach sensing. I just start it with the key most of the time. Only rs in the mornings.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No difference if the RS is hooked up properly.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

batteries die really quick i've noticed with this remote start. i think they only lasted 2 weeks but that was starting it 3 times a day with the rs

Old 03-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
batteries die really quick i've noticed with this remote start. i think they only lasted 2 weeks but that was starting it 3 times a day with the rs
That's kind of funny. I installed the RS unit into my Rainier over 2 years ago now and use it 2-3 times a day. Haven't replaced the batteries in it yet...

Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

We've had the clifford 2 way alarm/rs installed on the blazer for the last 4 years. we've had to replace the remotes from breaking them more than the batteries haha. Dad broke 2, i broke 1 in a fit or rage. o well, i've replaced the batteries twice

Old 03-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned

mine has a lcd screen on it too, which maybe part of the problem with having the colored screen and readout takes alot of juice to run