General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Whats the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the difference?

Obviously besides the body styling, what are some of the differences between a Blazer and Bravada?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Whats the difference?

Bravada is AWD. Trim levels and available options, too.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There were a limited few blazers that came with the AWD option box checked, but that was more of a silent option as I have never seen it in sales brochures.

Other than the grill, front bumper cover, ground effects on the sides, and emblems, the exterior of a Bravada is no different sheetmetal wise than any other S-series SUV.

The Bravada was never offered in 2wd. The 2nd gen Bravada was only offered with AWD if I remember correctly, not sure on the 1st gen. I also believe that all of the Bravada's automatically got the leather trim and premium sound. There were very little actual options that could be changed when purchasing a Bravada where the Blazer/Jimmy had quite a few trim levels and options between trims.

The sunroof was an optional item on the Bravada as it is on the Blazer & Jimmy, but for the Blazer/Jimmy, you had to have one of the LT packages to get it. Most 2nd gen Bravada's came with the heavier roof rack but I believe this was tied in with the sunroof option. On the later models, Onstar was optional.

Bravada's also had an optional automatically levelling rear suspension that incorporated air shocks with an air pump for keeping the back end level with varying loads that I don't think was offered on anything but maybe the later S-series based Trailblazer and Envoy trim level vehicles.

I think that all Bravada's came stock with the 235/70R15 tires (28" tall) where some of the Jimmy/Blazer variants had optional 235/75R15 tires (29" tall).

Old 10-12-2007, 02:19 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

very throurough thank you

Old 10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i have often wondered the same thing but now i know some of the differences

Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
SillyLittleBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

So what is the difference in the 4wd of the blazers compared to the bravada's awd drive?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

thats alot of difference plus i think bravada's came with power seats as well.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: SillyLittleBlazer

So what is the difference in the 4wd of the blazers compared to the bravada's awd drive?
The Bravada has a single speed, viscous clutch transfer case. It can supply up to 50% of available torque to the front axle when needed, but when no slip is detected, it runs around in RWD mode. It actually works pretty darn nice. I could pull out of my driveway on a snow covered road and floor it. It would get sideways for a few seconds, then the motor would lug and it would take off. All this with the crappy factory uniroyal laredo tires!

Just about all Blazer's (remember the very few that got ordered with AWD) have a 2 speed transfer case. Some of the same controls are available in the Auto4WD equiped vehicles.

And you know, with all of the stuff I did with my Bravada between hunting, just messing around, and pulling hay/straw wagons for my dad, I never did need low range.