General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What's the difference between base model and LS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member
jeffintoronto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's the difference between base model and LS?

What is the difference between a base model and an LS?
I have an '02 Blazer badged as an LS.
While I have A/C, CD stereo, and fold down rear seats, I also have manual windows, manual locks, and no cruise control.

Is there a definitive list of options for base vs. LS?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure, I have an '02 LS with all the above including cruise, power windows & remote locks. I also have under the drivers seat the wiring hook up for power seats if I get them.
I'd look in https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...po-codes-1989/
There is a site I found with google that you can type your production code/VIN # into & it will tell you what was ordered with that vehicle. It's at home though & I'm at work. I think it was something like "Comprehensive GM VIN Decoder"

Last edited by Rottidog; 06-21-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

The differences also varied depending on the model year. If I were at home I could look at my '02 dealer catalog and tell you exactly what the trim level differences were.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Beginning Member
jeffintoronto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I'm not sure, I have an '02 LS with all the above including cruise, power windows & remote locks. I also have under the drivers seat the wiring hook up for power seats if I get them.
I'd look in https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...po-codes-1989/
There is a site I found with google that you can type your production code/VIN # into & it will tell you what was ordered with that vehicle. It's at home though & I'm at work. I think it was something like "Comprehensive GM VIN Decoder"

Ah, that makes me think there were several option packages under the LS, and the original owner of mine obviously opted out on a few items.

(I've done a full RPO decode on mine, so I do know everything that is on it. I was just curious if a proper LS was supposed to have more.)

I also have the wiring hookup under the driver's seat. I'm keeping an eye out for a decent condition power seat with lumbar from a wrecker. After 5 years I'm tired of the wretched uncomfortable seat that's in it.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

i have a 2dr ls with power locks, windows, a/c, sunroof, power mirrors, overhead console, tire rack and fog lights. mine came with everything under the moon except the zr2 package.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Beginning Member
alex.graham89 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure (after talking with my buddy whose dad works for a GM dealer) that they gave the LS badge to anything that came out of the factory custom ordered. For example, I have a '99 LS Sport (Sport apparently gives you the rear tire carrier) that has A/C; Cruise; power heated mirrors; power windows; power locks; remote keyless entry; and until recently had a factory CD player... that didn't work

Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

my 01 2DR LS has everything except fog lights and sunroof

possibly a dumb question but does the LS stand for something?? (wish it was an LS# motor lol)

Old 04-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Starting Member
Kathy McNabb is on a distinguished road
Default LS and LT acronyms decoded

Originally Posted by Antbankz
my 01 2DR LS has everything except fog lights and sunroof

possibly a dumb question but does the LS stand for something?? (wish it was an LS# motor lol)
LS is Luxury Sport
LT is Luxury Touring

The differences in what options may be better for sport or touring. Width of wheels, trim package...

FYI I'm no expert. Just a Balzer LT owner who's been surfing to find the same answers. I just happened to find these acronymns, previously.

Auto experience?
Not much out there on 2-4 ++ wheels I can't drive and I have a great mechanic, lol

Getcha mind out the gutter!,

Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Starting Member

Oh, I have a degree in Computer Applications which COULD be argued for a qualified Web Information-Go-Getter and replyer

Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for all your information, by the way. Please defer my sarcasm to bad dry humor?

Quick Reply: What's the difference between base model and LS?