General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
BradZ01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats it worth?

I am tossing around the ideaf selling my Blazer. Not really sure what I want to do, but if I did decide to sell, how much do you guys think it would be worth? I am going to check kbb, and do some research, but those are just numbers. I want to know what is realistic.

Details--1994 S-10 Blazer. 4.3 Votec (W code), 77,xxx original miles. 4X4. Well mantained. Body shows almost no visible rust on the outside, but if you look under the doors, or on the tailgate when dropped down, there is some rust. Fully loaded, pwr windows, locks, seats, mirrors, etc. Everything works but the A/C, and it is just a seized compressor. Tires are about 80% tread remaining. Interior is very clean with only a few dirty spots that would easily come clean. Has fiberglass running boards and windsheild visor and looks like custom paint, although it is actually body sized decals. It was originally sent to some conversion shop and then sold like this new. It has obviously done alot of sitting over the years. It was bought newby an aunt and uncle of mine, so I know how it was treated and maintained. Never taken off road or abused.

Here are some pics from an old post shortly after I got it just over a year ago.

https://blazerforum.com/m_93270/tm.htm

Basically I drove it about 4000 miles and then some problems developed that I just dont have time to fool with. My FPR went bad. I fixed it and was golden. Then I had a new gastank put in, and then it was all downhill. Since the gastank install, it has basically been parked. It runs, but not like it should. I replaced the Spider Injector, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, and fuel pump. I also had a sensor replaced (dont remember what sensor??) and cut off the cat converter. It needs a new muffler, which I am going to try to do this week. To be totally honest, I dont think it runs as well or as smooth as it should, butmaybe it is due to lack of backpressure from the bad exhaust?? Maybe it is fine and I am just paranoid because I am not use to having to fix and replace parts on my other vehicles, as they are all much newer. I love this truck, and would really like to keep it for winter and rainy days, but I also want a boat, and this could help pay for part of it.

I appreciate your guys help and advise.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 AM
noom14921992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Whats it worth?

with a/c fixed I would it for $3000. but you could get 3500 if sold right. my openion.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:40 PM
BradZ01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I got the exhaust replaced today. Found a hole in the wall muffler shop that replaced everything from the Y pipe back, including a new cat conv and muffler for $225. It actually did make a hell of a difference in the way in runs. So much smoother now. Not to mention quieter!!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

www.kellybluebook.com
just fill out the info and that should give you a good place to start...