General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Where do Blazer owners work on their Blazers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fixed the video. Looks much worse on my computer than it did on my phone.

When I build my new shop, it will have provisions for in floor heat even if I don't put a boiler in right away. There is nothing like it for cold climates. It is surprising how much cold concrete takes a toll on your legs/joints over the course of a day.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

My brother has plans to build a house and shop in a few years and I will be very active in the planning of it. I'm betting floor heat is not near as necessary here in Oklahoma as New York. The winters here can be very surprising though so who knows.

Edit: Just watched that video. You have quite the number of random tools and parts.

Last edited by 50percentgenius; 07-21-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added on
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There's all kinds of stuff around my garage ranging from parts for my Chevelle, K5, lawn mower, the new compressor, even some random bits from my old Bravada and my dad's trucks. Under the work bench on the left side are two NP205 transfer cases and a TH350 transmission (which reminds me that I need to get that out of here and down under my dad's barn). There are a few front window regulators, a power rear window regulator, and the tail pipes for the K5 under the lower shelf of the bench on the right side along with a lot of parts I took off of my parts '90 'burb.

As far as the tools, they all fit in the tool chests that are on the right work bench under everything else that's there. I just retired a bunch of undershirts a little while ago so I tore them up making them into shop towels. That's the pile of white that you see on the end of the bench just before the stairs into the house. Also just before the stairs is my welding cart, but that stays tucked in the corner under plastic until its needed.

The 4 drawer black/tan tool chest that I keep my air tools in I just picked up from work for free. It is one heck of a box. The drawers come all the way out and can handle a lot of weight. I have my 50lb leather shot bag in the bottom drawer along with most of the actual air tools. My impact sockets are in the process of migrating into the 2nd drawer from the bottom. Fittings, regulators, filters in the 2nd from the top. Then paint guns will go in the top.

Here's a pic of that chest along with two lateral file cabinets I also scarfed from work for free to put in the shop for things like manuals and other documents I wouldn't want floating around in the shop:

They were renovating at work and offered up a lot of stuff like this to us. Everything that we didn't take was donated to charity. I also grabbed two 7' tall bookshelves & a heavy two drawer filing cabinet for my wife. All of these things were made in the 60's to 80's so they are built quite a bit better than what you buy today.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:14 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

i work eather in my driveway in the summer if its something easy otherwise if its something big (or just wanna be out of the elements) its my grandpas personal shop ..that has room for his 2011 2500 chev his 63 GMC pickup a 1980 trans am thats being restored my 1980 buick regal AND i still have pleanty of room to pull my blazer in an do whatever i need along with pretty much every tool known to mankind lol and its ALWAY clean!!!

oh ya and its heated too

Last edited by 247monster; 07-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Starting Member

I'm really missing out on the heated garages/floors I guess. I better get on that

Old 08-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

i have a 1 car garage & car port attached to my townhome,i just recently
detailed my blazer cuz the sprinklers kept raping my blazer with water spots so i
made room and now park it in the garage. .barely fits in with my quad,would not
fit if i owned a 4door. anyways it enough room to get some work done but i need to expand
my tool collection,really have only basic hand tools gotten me by so far though

Name:  C360_2012-07-31-23-27-54.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  C360_2012-07-31-23-28-27.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  52.2 KB

Old 08-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Starting Member

Name:  IMG_1773.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  132.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1772.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  106.9 KB
Name:  IMG_1771.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  112.7 KB

This is where I get my work done. You can see my old control arms in the last picture

Old 08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
FALAFEL is on a distinguished road

Usually i work on the blazer at home on the front driveway, it has a nice dip in the concrete thats just big enough for me to fit under. Although last week it broke down on the hwy 30 miles from home, worked on it for a few hours before the tow truck FINALLY showed up.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Usually I work in my driveway but sometimes I take my car into the body shop where I work my boss lets me work on my cars with access to the shops tools after the shop closes.