General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Why did you choose a blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why did you choose a blazer?

Everybody has a reason they picked a blazer/jimmy/bravada; Maybe it was a good deal/free, maybe it was atruck you always liked, or maybe it was just the vehichle that best suited your needs. Whatever the reason, lets hear about it.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:29 AM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Why did you choose a blazer?

well i knew when i was in the market that i wanted somehting 4x4 b/c virginia tech hardly ever closes for snow/ice (not that weve had that much, but some lol) and i plan on commuting from my house when i go there next year. i originally wanted a 90s jeep cherokee, but there were not very many of those at used lots around here, and if there were, they were too expensive. so we went to one lot that had 3 blazers, a maroon 98 4dr, 01 tan zr2, and mine. i really liked the looks of the zr2 right when i saw it, but it had a lot of small dents and the like, and it was too expensive anyways. the maroon one had a few issues w/ the interior, and i liked the black better lol. so i ended up with it. i still woulndt mind a cherokee but im sooo glad i got my blazer!

Old 08-25-2007, 08:42 AM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought mine cause I like the Style.Paid 4000$.The truck had ~235000KM.It was in top shape + safety check included.No rust cause the owner had always performed antirust treatments.I like that style better than the trailblazers also.the gaz $$$ but I am willing to pay the price for driving such a nice truck.Its an american build,i'm proud!

Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was the only decent viechle in the price range I wanted to pay.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Mydadgot mine from my aunt and uncle in Sep. 2005 for $6000. It had 58000miles on it then and was a two owner car. My dad knew that it had never had any mechanical problems in the past and that it had been waxed often and took care of. I wasn't sure if I wanted it at first but when I drove it, I fell in love with it. I was originally looking around for a late model Monte Carlo, but it was a littleout of my price range.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

I had paid off my POS Saturn and wanted a wagon vehicle for cargo space and also a 4x4 vehicle being in the Colorado mountains and all. My 1st pick was a Subaru Outback, 2nd was a Chevy Blazer. Both had 4wd, both had decent 4x4 mpg numbers, and both had comparable cargo space numbers. I found a dealer with an Outback, but it made noises when steering, suspension was noisy, it even had to be jump-started for pete's sake. Then they showed me this 98 Blazer. Was a very nice and smooth ride. The only issue was the A/C blew only hot air, which didn't really bother me. After a year of ownership with various uses its still just like how I drove it off the lot. Nice, smooth ride, and A/C still blows only hot air.

Edit: sorry about the double post moderators, was trying to edit. Feel free to delete quoted one.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Mr Blazer LT

I had paid off my POS Saturn and wanted a wagon type vehicle for cargo space and also a 4x4 of some type being in the Colorado mountains and all. My 1st pick was a Subaru Outback, 2nd was a Chevy Blazer. Both had 4wd, both seemed to have decent 4x4 mpg numbers, and both had comparable cargo space sizes. I found a dealer with an Outback, but it made noises when steering, suspension was noisy, it even had to be jump-started for pete's sake. Then they showed me this 98 Blazer. Was a very nice and smooth ride. The only issue was the A/C blew only hot air, which didn't really bother me. After a year of ownership with various uses its still just like how I drove it off the lot. Nice, smooth ride, and A/C still blows only hot air.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

When my '92 Dakota died one year ago I had to get another ride PDQ, so I hit several dealers looking for a usedsuv or pickup. I was leaning toward a Trailblazer at one of the lots, but the salesman said to wait until they finished prep on another suv and look at it. When I saw what it was (the '02 Blazer) and the condition and mileage (beautiful with 16,500) we struck a deal and it was mine. In other words, it was all about availability, condition, and price.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Beginning Member
mmench is an unknown quantity at this point

about two years ago a got into a small fender bender with my car at the time. didnt damage the car hardly at all but i decided to strip it out and make a track car out of it. at the same time my cousin had to mave to italy for the nave and had a 2000 2wd 5spd blazer with 60000 milesfor sale for 3000. i bought it from them and hadnt even seen it before i picked it up. i went from a sporty car that was highly modified to a blazer.. at first i wasnt very excited to say the least. . but the very next day i did my first burn out in it and after it smoked the tires with ease and went sideways like it was made to do it i was happy ever since then. now i wish i had it sooneer

Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

got mine cuz its a chevy, and it has the 4.3. also I wanted a 4x4.

My dad wouldnt even let me test drive a cherokee, says everytime he sees one in a shop it has a repair list as long as his arm.

If I was ever on the market for a similar ride, I think I'd go nissan or toyota.......I wanna test drive the s/c rav 4.

Quick Reply: Why did you choose a blazer?