General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Why did you choose a blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 AM
89beater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Why did you choose a blazer?

mine was given to me for my first car from my grandparents. i just happend to love it and have been driving it for 2 years now. im kinda sad thought its going down hill fast so i may not be able to hold onto it much longer.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

Was looking for a daily driver so I could park the Z, I started looking at trucks since I got tired of going to the parents to borrow dads truck when I needed storage room, or while I was doing things around the house. Truck prices are rediculous so I stumbled on the price range of nice blazers. Figured with the tow package and trailer I could do most everything without going to the folks, but I could still get dads truck if it is needed. Would have been better with a little 4banger car for gas, but it would be less functional and the wife has a RSX for gas milage.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i was looking for a TJ but i could not afford any without rust and then i found a blazer with under 40000 miles in my price range with no damage so i bought it

Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't find my Blazer. It found me. My Maxima was totalled, and my fiancee was driving the Blazer at the time. She insisted she wanted a newer truck (though I thought the one she already had was great), so I told her I'd pay off the loan and give her down payment money. It's now paid for and belongs to me. She now has an '01 Jimmy which is also a pretty cool truck. Can't wait to get my hands on it once I'm done tricking out the Blazer.

ORIGINAL: meeuwenberg67

My dad got me my blazer because my 95 grand am blew a engine like 2 days after I got it. Im glad that I have this blazer because I think I would like it more then that grand am.
I had a '97 Grand Am GT before I got the Maxima. Ran great for the seven years I owned it, and was fast as hell. Did you have the V6? Mine had the 2.4L Quad 4 engine with a stick shift. Got great mileage and also smoked a few BMWs.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Found out we were expecting and I needed something with at least 3 full seats(had a 2000 S10 Extreme Ext Cab.). So the big sale that Chevy had on the Blazers near the end of 2004 I went down to look at them.Only onethere but it was sold already but they let me take it for a run anyway just to see if I liked it and I did soI ordered mine in Oct 04 and got it finally in Jan 05. Loved it since

Old 08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
meeuwenberg67 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a '97 Grand Am GT before I got the Maxima. Ran great for the seven years I owned it, and was fast as hell. Did you have the V6? Mine had the 2.4L Quad 4 engine with a stick shift. Got great mileage and also smoked a few BMWs.
I had the Quad 4 and with a 5 speed trans.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Power
2. Durability
3. Availability (of parts)

Old 08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

After having a 1988 Trans Am and a 1994 Saturn SC2 (both low to the floor) I wanted something I didnt have to fall into. I have a lot of health problems with my neck and shoulders so getting in and out of my cars were never easy and were getting harder.

So I liked the 2 door blazer's look, drove one, and the first one I drove, is the one I purchased. $7200 I paid for it... and I love it.