General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Window sticker

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 02:01 PM
Starting Member
jimmy_for_ever is on a distinguished road
Post Window sticker

Hi everybody

I have a question about the window sticker that comes with car when it's new how can I get one. Because I contact GMC dealer and after I give them my VIN code they tell me

((Due to Federal Trade Commission guidelines, new vehicle window labels are not to be provided for vehicles that are purchased pre-owned or have been in-service. They are only provided for new vehicles at time of purchase. ))

Old 02-17-2021, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

People will reproduce what the original window sticker would have been but that is normally reserved for collector cars. For instance, there is a company that will do that for your classic Mustang.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmmm, you think that company would do it for your blazer? Are we at that year to consider them historic yet?

Have you gotten one for your stang? If so how much was it, if you don't mind.

Old 02-17-2021, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimmy_for_ever
Hi everybody

I have a question about the window sticker that comes with car when it's new how can I get one. Because I contact GMC dealer and after I give them my VIN code they tell me

((Due to Federal Trade Commission guidelines, new vehicle window labels are not to be provided for vehicles that are purchased pre-owned or have been in-service. They are only provided for new vehicles at time of purchase. ))
Do you actually want the sticker, or do you just want to know all your installed options, color codes, etc.? Because there are VIN decoders available that will give you most of the information that was on your window sticker, just not in the same form. I think you can even get a build sheet from your local dealer.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:35 AM
Starting Member

No,I don't have classic car but I want it for my 2000 GMC JIMMY like the purchase value and other information that come with it. I am also plan to keep this car with me until it comes older and older maybe it gains it value after.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Try putting your VIN in this one. It worked pretty well for me. It seems to be case-sensitive, so make sure you use capital letters.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:48 AM
Starting Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Tom A
Try putting your VIN in this one. It worked pretty well for me. It seems to be case-sensitive, so make sure you use capital letters.
Thank you Tom I check this website and it's not give me a full information. But I have a question about if GM in USA maybe they can't find my window sticker because mine car is export. But they give me the full information of RPO codes after I give them my VIN code then I know that my car not Canadian it was export vehicle (CW2 COUNTRY - GULF STATES, R6K PROCESSING CODE - MID EAST, VC5 EXPORT SHIPPING LABEL, VPH VEHICLE PREP - EXPORT, VR6 TIE DOWN HOOK, VXS COMPLETE VEHICLE, LIN PLANT CODE: LINDEN N.J.).

I thought it is Canadian because it has cluster With both Units Bold KM/H and small written MPH and the owner Manual written in English not in Arabic like other cars here in middle east GM cars cluster only come in one Unit which is KM/H not both . While my dad have US import Escalade from New Jersey the cluster come with both Units but Bold MPH and small written KM/H and the owner Manual written in English.

Last edited by jimmy_for_ever; 02-19-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:16 AM
winvoices.com is on a distinguished road
Default window stickers

I have been reproducing truck window stickers for a while now due to multiple requests. I do need to have an original for the standard items listed on the top depending on year and model. Also need the GM Heritage Invoice when available and copy of the SPID label.
Paul

https://winvoices.com/