General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

window tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:07 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default window tint

i was just playing with the idea of getting some tint for the two front windows to match the other back windows and just wondering if 35% is to dark?

jimmyboy

Old 07-07-2007, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: window tint

Probably a little too much...the windows already have a 10% tint, youcan't exceed35% in NC. Here are the NC tint laws. I would go25-30%.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:35 PM
BigJoeFord is an unknown quantity at this point

In new york state the limit is 35% but to me that isnot dark enough.but I usually go a strip of 35% across the top of the front window and on the side I usually go with 25% And the back window 25% as well. that is what I'm goingto beputting on my blazer in the winter time. its the best time to get Ur windows tintedup here becauseit cold out and don't openUr windows as much.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:27 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe the factory privacy glass is 17% tint. It is illegal in most states, butto me,it's a chance worth taking. Mine actually has 5% on the front doors and the windshield...which is really dark, I do kinda wish I had matched it to the privacy glass on the rest of the truck.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:28 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Cali is 15 percent on fronts.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: lastcoupe

I believe the factory privacy glass is 17% tint. It is illegal in most states, butto me,it's a chance worth taking. Mine actually has 5% on the front doors and the windshield...which is really dark, I do kinda wish I had matched it to the privacy glass on the rest of the truck.
You have 5% on your windshield? Did you just do that, according to you pics in your gallery it doesnt look 5%.

I have 20% on my front windows, I wish I would have went a little darker to match. But I dont even know if they make a 17% film. 35% is the limit on the front windows here all others are 25%(except windshield). I would like to get some tint on the windshield but I dont want to attract even more cops.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I think he means the top of the winsheild...

Old 07-07-2007, 11:06 PM

You have 5% on your windshield? Did you just do that, according to you pics in your gallery it doesnt look 5%.
Yes, I have a 10" strip of 5% tint on my winshield...I had it done the same time I had the rest of the truck done over a year ago. At least one company makesa 17% tint, the shop who does all of my vehicles has it in stock.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

so if i got 10% for it, it would look good? and how hard would it be to do if i do take out the windows and if i do it myself?

jimmyboy

Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 AM

10% would look good, but 15 or 17% would match it to the other windows. I spent a total of $70 (30 for each door and 10 for the windshield strip) to get mine done, and to remove this glass you have to remove the window regulators which requires drilling out 5 rivets each, and it's not a job for a novice. I'd just have it done by a pro for no more than it costs.

Quick Reply: window tint