Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Woot for the Blazer! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/woot-blazer-47824/)

CraigSnedeker 08-11-2010 09:53 AM

Woot for the Blazer!

Post what you love about your blazer

I love the fact you can see the rear and front of your blazer. In the fusion, you can NOT see where your bumpers are. The blazer is really nice this way.

Benedict1337 08-11-2010 12:15 PM

I love everything about my blazer

chiefum 08-11-2010 12:46 PM

I love being able to take the top off.

sgp7679 08-11-2010 02:16 PM

I love the size of my blazer and the gas mileage im gettin, I know mpgs in a blazer is nothing compared to todays cars, but when you come from a car that gets 10 mpg, its great getting 15-17. i also do love everything about the s10 blazers.

RangerG 08-11-2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker (Post 353341)
Post what you love about your blazer

I love the fact you can see the rear and front of your blazer. In the fusion, you can NOT see where your bumpers are. The blazer is really nice this way.

I'm short and my blazer has a bushguard, I can't see the guard on the front. I have a tire carrier on the back and can't see my back bumper at all.

Those would not be my 2 favorite things! LOL

The_Beast 08-11-2010 02:27 PM

The looks, the reliability, the tire rack, the driving quality....

Things I don't like: the broken drivers window motor, the quarter panels rusting, the cost of keeping it running, the fact I still own money on it, the insurance I pay to drive it

davtak 08-11-2010 03:29 PM

barreling through snow banks and driving past the people with their electro cars laughing hysterically

jdespain 08-11-2010 03:43 PM

I love the fact that it's a CHEVY!:icon_teeth:

davtak 08-11-2010 03:48 PM

^^^^like that post^^^^

CraigSnedeker 08-11-2010 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by RangerG (Post 353378)
I'm short and my blazer has a bushguard, I can't see the guard on the front. I have a tire carrier on the back and can't see my back bumper at all.

Those would not be my 2 favorite things! LOL

Well drive a fusion and try to see your bumpers though your mirrors :P

Originally Posted by chiefum (Post 353363)

Haha :P

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 353380)
The looks, the reliability, the tire rack, the driving quality....

Things I don't like: the broken drivers window motor, the quarter panels rusting, the cost of keeping it running, the fact I still own money on it, the insurance I pay to drive it

I don't have a rack :(

Oh and I made a thread for the dislikes :P

kiwiblazer 08-12-2010 12:52 AM

I love the way people check my truck out at the lights! Even after having it for 3 years now. Some dude at a crossing at the lights was so busy checking out my front end that he walked into the side of a bus - nearly dropped his kid! LOL

sgp7679 08-12-2010 01:31 AM

I love how you can find a blazer in any junkyard and get parts really cheap.

blazerboyz 08-12-2010 02:14 AM

I love the fact that my blazer was made in the good ol U.S.A. the fact that i still feel american driving it and the rest of america is switching to those damn prius's!!! Hmmm lets see????? Oh yeah they dont make them anymore(in the U.S). Makes me feel like i have a sought after truck. The way they LOOK, cuz i mean lets face it they are sexy as hell....... There are times i would rather have my truck as a WIFE!!!! Lol. And last but not least a good engine(4.3l all the way). And kiwiblazer thats awsome he really hit a bus??!!! Lol are blazers that hard to come by down there??

Bad Attitude 08-12-2010 02:19 AM

As was posted above it's a "CHEVY"

Oh and the mean as fender flares oh thats right you guys with the steering wheel on the wrong side don't have them HAHAHA

That my truck will tow anything I care to hook up to it.

blazerboyz 08-12-2010 02:25 AM

^^^Hey now dont be hatein on our goofy steering set up!!! Lol jk. At least you bought quality and dependibility. Kudos for you!

Kamelot314 08-12-2010 07:29 PM

It's a chevy!!!

BlazerGuy2001 08-12-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude (Post 353527)

Oh and the mean as fender flares oh thats right you guys with the steering wheel on the wrong side don't have them HAHAHA

why play around with the silly foreign fender flares when you can have those of a ZR2.....i love the tough look and ease to work on compared to newer cars!!

cbr995 08-12-2010 09:47 PM

I like the way it looks, how it drives, and I always wanted one. Also, I notice people check my truck out, a lot. Must be the body kit on what is seen mostly as a 4X4.

old skool luvr 08-12-2010 10:03 PM

i used to know that feeling. :icon_sad:

Originally Posted by The_Beast (Post 353380)
The looks...........

Originally Posted by davtak (Post 353388)
barreling through snow banks and driving past the people with their electro cars laughing hysterically

damn, you guys beat me to it! (regardless of what they're driving!)

i really luv the '98+ Blazer's (which is why i bought my '98! :icon_wink:)

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer (Post 353512)
I love the way people check my truck out at the lights! Even after having it for 3 years now. Some dude at a crossing at the lights was so busy checking out my front end that he walked into the side of a bus - nearly dropped his kid! LOL

that's priceless!! too bad you didn't have a dash cam.

as for you guys on the other side of the pond, braggin' about your flares...........if only i found my truck a few years sooner, i might've been able to get some of the aftermarket ones, while they were still makin' them!

as for the ZR comment Blazerguy, well if they were really smart (meaning the ass-hats @ GM), they would've made that option available across the board.

'cause i need a 4 door. (i can fit soooooooo much more sh!t in one, compared to a 2 door! :icon_laugh:)

pj5454302 08-12-2010 10:59 PM

The fact that every time I go on off road trips people in jeeps and yotas say "you wheel in that?" and the fact that I fallow them through every thing and at the end of the trip they have more respect for my truck.

Oh wait this isnt the "what I love about my jimmy thread"! Oh well you guys dont know what you are missing out on :icon_goofygrin:

old skool luvr 08-13-2010 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by pj5454302 (Post 353724)
The fact that every time I go on off road trips people in jeeps and yotas say "you wheel in that?" and the fact that I fallow them through every thing and at the end of the trip they have more respect for my truck.

Oh wait this isnt the "what I love about my jimmy thread"! Oh well you guys dont know what you are missing out on :icon_goofygrin:

funny guy!

you just like dating the ugly sister, don't you?

kiwiblazer 08-13-2010 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by blazerboyz (Post 353526)
I love the fact that my blazer was made in the good ol U.S.A. the fact that i still feel american driving it and the rest of america is switching to those damn prius's!!! Hmmm lets see????? Oh yeah they dont make them anymore(in the U.S). Makes me feel like i have a sought after truck. The way they LOOK, cuz i mean lets face it they are sexy as hell....... There are times i would rather have my truck as a WIFE!!!! Lol. And last but not least a good engine(4.3l all the way). And kiwiblazer thats awsome he really hit a bus??!!! Lol are blazers that hard to come by down there??

Not too many. All imported as used vehicles from Japan.

blazerboyz 08-13-2010 02:50 AM

SSooo...... kiwi how much would a blazer be down there??? In u.s dollars?

kiwiblazer 08-13-2010 03:01 AM

Currently there's only about 20 odd Blazers on trade me. Prices between 8 & 12k (kiwi $) - and they're not selling! People are holding on hoping to get their money. The Ford Explorer of which there are plenty are just as bad for resale. The Explorers here are built in the US & exported to Australia so they at least arrive here as new vehicles.

blazerboyz 08-13-2010 03:26 AM

Well kiwi you keep your blazer, the new american sh!t aint better than our blazer's are!! Lol

pj5454302 08-13-2010 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 353752)
funny guy!

you just like dating the ugly sister, don't you?

More like the hot cousin!!
:icon_naughty:

blazerboyz 08-13-2010 11:25 AM

^^^lol

old skool luvr 08-13-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by pj5454302 (Post 353840)
More like the hot cousin!!
:icon_naughty:

but you don't own a 1st gen Jimmy. :icon_razz:

pj5454302 08-13-2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 353902)
but you don't own a 1st gen Jimmy. :icon_razz:

True but I did have a 92 sonoma before I had my truck, so :icon_woot:

old skool luvr 08-13-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by pj5454302 (Post 353920)
True but I did have a 92 sonoma before I had my truck, so :icon_woot:

so now you'r back to dating the ugly sister. :icon_teeth:

ok, enough, i'm outta here.

gotta do a little playing with the Buick (etest in the morning), then going to see "The Expendables". :)

84BlazerS10 08-13-2010 06:42 PM

I love the huge windows in the back of my 2dr first gen so useful for seeing around you.

CraigSnedeker 08-14-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer (Post 353512)

LOL :icon_doh:

Would be a epic win if you caught that on tape

ImScrewed92 08-15-2010 03:40 PM

What I love; Mainly the fact that it stands out. I can spot my truck in a parking lot a mile away pretty much. It might not always run the smoothest but it has never left me stranded or failed to start in the handful of years I've owned it. (Knock on wood, and I ran it out of gas one time but that was my fault, not the blazers.)

I love the styling, they are some of the best looking midsize suv's out there. They always have something to prove to people and normally prove the point that they are dependable and capable. And even with the confabed IFS they still offroad decent. They look good muddy and lifted and they look good lowered and shiney. Most of all they look good factory, and that's rare anymore.... Everything looks cheap and rushed IMO anymore.

CraigSnedeker 08-16-2010 08:39 PM

I love the styling, they are some of the best looking midsize suv's out there. They always have something to prove to people and normally prove the point that they are dependable and capable. And even with the confabed IFS they still offroad decent. They look good muddy and lifted and they look good lowered and shiney. Most of all they look good factory, and that's rare anymore.... Everything looks cheap and rushed IMO anymore.
Yeah I'm still amazed at the interior design. I mean really? This is 1996, back then most car insides were ugly, ha

swartlkk 08-16-2010 11:30 PM

I love being able to take my whole top off! :icon_wink: :icon_angel:

Seriously though, I am continuously surprised at how well my K5 does at just about everything I ask of it. Off or On road, it does very well!

RangerG 08-17-2010 12:33 AM

I think that Blazers are the only vehicle that looks as good with a lift kit as they do with a body kit.

And they come either way from factory too. (ZR2 & Xtreme)

old skool luvr 08-18-2010 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92 (Post 354450)
..................They look good muddy and lifted and they look good lowered and shiney. Most of all they look good factory, and that's rare anymore.... Everything looks cheap and rushed IMO anymore.

absolutely! :)

Originally Posted by RangerG (Post 354804)
I think that Blazers are the only vehicle that looks as good with a lift kit as they do with a body kit.

And they come either way from factory too. (ZR2 & Xtreme)

you forgot the "balls out" version.

ie, the Typhoon!:icon_teeth:

DKSDAD 08-18-2010 11:44 PM

I love the fact that it is mine, there are many others out ther like it but the one I drive is mine. I can do what I want to it ( $$ permitting) and that it is all paid off for the past 12 years and it does not owe me a dime and has never let me down.

RangerG 08-18-2010 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 355194)
you forgot the "balls out" version.

ie, the Typhoon!:icon_teeth:

Ahhh, and I do love the Typhoon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOlhh...eature=related

old skool luvr 08-19-2010 01:13 AM

i have that saved in my favorites on my Youtube account.

along with this one..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXxZn...eature=related