General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

is it worth it?

Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default is it worth it?

I was looking at this on ebay and was wondering if it was worth getting. I'm looking at the increased gas mileage and wondering. Does anybody have this or something similar and is it worth buying. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...spagenameZWD1V

Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: is it worth it?

I actually have that same product sitting in my garage. The Helix throttle body spacer. I bought it for about $80, and then opened it up and the instructions looked very confusing so I never got around to installing it. I probably should though. They may give you a little more hp, but they'll whistle a lot....

Old 04-24-2007, 01:35 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Is it an annoying kinda whistle............wait..........what am I saying...............any whistle is annoying lol. Is it really loud? Does it really do that much to spend the money on it, cause if it is worth the 80 bucks, then I'm going to get one.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:36 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

They do nothing for the 4.3

Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The 4.3L has its torque peak so low in the RPM range already that a spacer will have a VERY minimal shift in the torque curve and will probably hurt you more in the upper RPMs more than any gain you may experience low in the RPM range.

\A spacer will tend to shift the entire torque curve lower in the RPM range. So if the peak is at say 2500rpm, a spacer may shift the peak down to 2300rpm. A typical curve will be lower off either side of the peak, by shifting it lower in the rpm range, you will be effectively increasing the torque average torque below the rpm at which the peak occurs while decreasing the average torque above the rpm at which the peak occurs. I drew up a curve a long time ago for another forum I was a part of to show this concept, but I cannot find it...

Old 04-24-2007, 11:09 PM

Thanks for the input. I think I've made up my mind. I'm keeping my 80 bucks for something else. I'll probably put it towards my safari bar when I get it.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I recall my statement, they do give you a cool whistle.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:52 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Depends on your ears... One guy I know, has a TB spacer on his new style F150... Well, I'm assuming it's a TB spacer, as it's got the same painful whistle as one other chevy I've driven that had a TB spacer (I knew that for sure, 'cuz I asked about it...)

Also,a TB spacer doesn't seem help as much on a fuel injected vehicle as it did on carbed vehicles...