General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ya'll think I'm a POS for this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough
Default Ya'll think I'm a POS for this?

lets see if I can remember everything. About 8-9 months ago I ordered a set of H4 conversion lens for the headlights of my blazer. They wasn't that much like $15 or so shipped but I never got them and filed my paypal claim the last week I had a chance before time ran out. I watched the seller and I was the first of about 8 claim in a month and he got his account shut down (and everybody got their money back).

Well yesterday I got a package that had my lens in it. No invoice in it or any charges to my paypal. I'm gonna keep them just because of all the trouble I went through with the guy. The claim went to my favor without a hitch cause he never contacted Ebay or me back about the dispute. Dad been wanting me to put a set in his s-10 so I'm gonna put them in his truck. I know the right thing is to send them back but screw it. What ya'll think?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Ya'll think I'm a POS for this?

Don't blame you at all for keeping them. If they were sent to you with no invoice or no payment, how can anyone prove or disprovethat you have it or have paid for it?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be honest, you got your money back already, so yes, the right thing to do would be toreturn them.
On the other hand, if it were me, I would probably keep them to pay for the inconvenience I had to go through.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't blame you either. Considering the horrible service you got, you should see it as complimentary.

By the way, you didn't specify the year of your dad's S-10. If it's a '94-97 with sealed beam headlights, you might find this thread helpful. In fact, even if it's a pre-'94, most of the steps will still apply. The only difference is that your headlight housingswould be a different size. Good luck.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I would just keep it especially with all the bs you went through.. It's going to cost you money to send it back to that guy.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
jwomack is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with eveyrone else, keep em, no reason not to. theres no proff you got em or anythign, so screw it...

Old 03-05-2008, 03:11 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

I would keep em.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Proof or not, you didn't pay for them. I'd contact the seller and give him teh choice of what to do with them. Don't pay to ship them back or anything, but be honest with the situation.

If that many people had complaints in such a short period of time, the seller probably went through some life changing event (i.e. death in the family).

Old 03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: Psychropod

I don't blame you either. Considering the horrible service you got, you should see it as complimentary.

By the way, you didn't specify the year of your dad's S-10. If it's a '94-97 with sealed beam headlights, you might find this thread helpful. In fact, even if it's a pre-'94, most of the steps will still apply. The only difference is that your headlight housingswould be a different size. Good luck.
First gens, mine an 87 blazer his a 93 truck, neither of us like the bubble bodies. Tease my brother about his 98 dime.

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Proof or not, you didn't pay for them. I'd contact the seller and give him teh choice of what to do with them. Don't pay to ship them back or anything, but be honest with the situation.

If that many people had complaints in such a short period of time, the seller probably went through some life changing event (i.e. death in the family).
I have no contact info. The box they came in (fedex) is a USPS piority mail box. The return addy doesn't exist according to yellow pages. The phone number on the box is no longer in service, and his ebay page was taken down months ago. I'm sorry but after this long I've deleted all my contacts from him and to be truthful never expected to hear from him. Any suggestion on how to get ahold of the guy not knowing his name, business name, or contact info? I'll be more than happy to send them back but its gonna be on his bill and not mine. I already got the product I wanted for my truck and really don't need these so its no hair off my back but I've done went through enough trouble and not gonna waste alot of time trying to find info on somebody that has tried to screw me over once. I understand personal issues and such but still if hes gonna send these to me he had my contact info he coulda at least included an email asking if I still wanted them, an invoice in the box, some way to contact him back, or at least a happy b-day card or sorry for the trouble. No word from him in 9 months and now this?

Old 03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I see where Jigg is coming from. It still kinda crooked of the seller not to ship the items though, life-changing event or not. He still has responsibilities. I can understand a delay, but not a 9-month delay.

Quick Reply: Ya'll think I'm a POS for this?