General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is this a ZR-2?? I Cant tell. Have a vin and pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rogue
@ rriddle3 & Sisk. Not doubting you guys.

Just never remember seeing it before in any of the Blazers I`v looked at.
They're not that noticeable unless you're looking for them. It's even harder to notice them with the darker dash as it blends in pretty good.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Those dents from the tire carrier are the very reason I have a secondary latch on mine. If the stock latch doesn't quite latch when you close the gate the secondary one will every time.

And for those who want to know where to get a secondary latch, I wish I could help. I bought it off a guy who made them and sold a few. If anyone is interested they can PM me and I can get some pics, or maybe start a new thread if there is a lot of interest?

Oh, and back on topic, no, its not a ZR2...lol

Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

nope not a zr2. if it was me i'd look for one without the dents although those 5spds are hard to find, especially with the 4wd. i've seen the 5spds around my area, its just they are 2wd. heres a pic to compare so you can see the difference. main difference being bigger tires and flares.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I only have the single outlet and no lighter

Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

The headlights look wonky, too. That truck looks kinda beat.
BTW, I also have dual outlets beneath the dash, and a cig lighter

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Boo hoo, I HAVE a ZR2 and only have 1 outlet under and the cig lighter. Oh and yea that thing is beat! That tire rack was opened VERY hard! There is dents everywhere. Although it is a 5 spd, I would keep looking.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Woohoo! Finally able to confirm that mine is indeed a ZR2. I've been wondering for two weeks since I bought my Blazer! lol

Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Woohoo! Finally able to confirm that mine is indeed a ZR2. I've been wondering for two weeks since I bought my Blazer! lol
Throw some pics up in your profile!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

i have dual outlets and a cigarette ligher on my 95 which is factory

Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ditto on the dual outlets in my '98 LT.

and WTF is with those dents!?!?!

i had the rear tire carrier swing open @ a full throttle launch, when i dumped the clutch in my '92, and it swung out HARD, hitting the cage around a NG meter, and slamming shut so hard, it took me over 2 hours to get it open again. while it did a number on my tg, it didn't do a thing to the side of my truck.

i'm thinking the previous owner backed up into a wall (?) with it swung open. 'cause i can't see anything else causing that much damage, without having other signs of injury.

Quick Reply: Is this a ZR-2?? I Cant tell. Have a vin and pics