General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 blazer and 3/4 pedal power problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:18 PM
pghmerlin69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 94 blazer and 3/4 pedal power problems

this started about a year or so ago its on my wifes 94 s10 blazer 4dr with the 4.3 cpi motor it runs great except if you try to go much more than 3/4 pedal then it starts to feel like its bogging down you actually have to come offf of the gas to get more power backit happens around 60-70 mph on the highway but can also happen alot sooner on a steep incline like 25 mph also anytime you are trying to give it decent pedal it happens any ides would be appreciated

Old 07-16-2006, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 94 blazer and 3/4 pedal power problems

I don't have an answer, only an idea.
If you have a fuel pressure tester, check to see what you are getting. Is it around 50 psi?
When did you last change your fuel filter?
If you change your fuel filter, drain the old one through a white cloth, shake it out on the cloth when it's empty.
If the fuel is black, or you get black sediment out of the filter, there is a good chance that the fuel pump is failing.
The black is from the carbon brushes in the fuel pump itself.
The fuel filter is a realitively easy and inexpensive place to start.
Keep us posted.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:40 PM

i just changed the fuel filter but allready threw it out just changed the fuel tank too but didnt think i had a fuel pump problem i will check pressure tho

Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
SniperX13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked the ECM for any codes?

sounds like once the computer reads near WOT, it retards it out and leans the mixture.

My Wife has a 94 S10 4dr Tahoe LT and we have already had to replace the ECM and transmission control module.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:28 PM

ok here is where i am at put on a fuel press gage putted around town pressure between 46-52 psi jumped on the highway gave it 3/4 throtle and it felt like it was tring to suge or it was running out of gas but at his time the pressure rose to 56 psi untill i got off of the highway and it went back down to around 52 psi

it is not showing no check engine light but i did not throw it on a scanner either if it would throw a code wouldnt it throw a check engine lite

Old 07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
SniperX13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, my wifes ECM never turned on the check engine light either, but it was throwing the knock sensor out all the time, and she was retarded so bad, she was guzzlin the gas.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:34 PM

i do have another computer i could try and i also have the manifold top with a different iac map and tps on it i was going to try that stuf first before the computer what do you think?

Old 07-16-2006, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

If you have the parts it's a great idea to replace one sensor at a time and see if you find the cure. I've seen it written in some of the diagnostic charts sometimes where it says, "substitute a known good part".
I think I'd start with the TPS.
Keep us posted.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:49 PM
94blazerowner is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same year blazer, 94 s10 and it does the same thing. we replaced a bad fuel pressure regulator the plume, egr valve, plugs, and wires. and it does the exact same thing as you describe. mind you im not mechanically inclined so i dont understand most of which you speak but it does sputter when u try to give it more pedal at highway speeds and sometimes even when you are just driving at normal without tryin to pedal it. the only time it doesnt sputter is when u use the cruise. and it also gets pretty crummy milage now when before it got decent mpg. the pressure was tested when the regulator was replaced and is in the normal range
any help??

Old 08-04-2006, 05:15 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

Can this be the same problem I am experiencing. I checked my fuel pressure @ acceleration and got up to 80.

Quick Reply: 94 blazer and 3/4 pedal power problems